Main Menu

I'm in need of four 9.5mm diameter valve shims

Started by GreenMachine, June 16, 2017, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Anybody have a Hotcams or K&L shim kit of the (fatty) 9.5mm type?  Can I buy or trade & pay my shims?  I'll never use the sizes I have again.

I need:
2 x 3.00 mm
1 x 1.30 mm
1 x 1.45 mm

I could also trade out 7.5mm shims as I have three kits of those, most of which I'll never use either.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Got what I needed and now have spares.  Darn Honda butter valves!  >:(

slmoto

What! Are you finally working on your dirt bike?

When you get it going if you need anyone to go test ride with let me know, you know I'm always game for a dirt ride.
:disco

GreenMachine

I was going to call you and see if you wanted to go yesterday after I got it running, but it was still fairly hot and miserable for a dirt ride.  Shims were all it needed.  Starts right up now.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 18, 2017, 04:22:58 PM
I was going to call you and see if you wanted to go yesterday after I got it running, but it was still fairly hot and miserable for a dirt ride.  Shims were all it needed.  Starts right up now.

Awesome, good to hear it's up and running properly again.

Too bad I just saw your post today. I went on a dirt ride yesterday to get a feel for my new bike you could have come along, we took it easy for the most part. No tough climbs and just a bit of loose rocky stuff.

I'm loving this bike so far. I though I was going to be compromising a lot compared to the 300 but instead I think I like this bike more. The instant power is just too fun and it's much more planted on the fast stuff. Definitely loosing out on the slow rocky stuff but not as much I was thinking it would.

Anyway, if you want to get out let me know, even if you want to sneak away for a short ride during the weekdays I can probably pull it off later in the week.

RichVee4

Imagine much less vibration on the CRF compared to the 300 as well.  Not sure where the gearing is at, you mentioned its was set up for high speed desert runs so might be able to lower the gearing to help in the tighter terrain but thats not going to help your mileage any.

GM, did I read that right your dirt bike is up and running?  Sweet.    I am going to pick up some maps on my way back through Mammoth to start routing our next ADV ride.    Driving through Mammoth on my way down here I was looking at all the dirt roads and beautiful scenery around Mammoth.  I know you've snowmobiled down there so sure that follows many of the same roads. 

Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on June 18, 2017, 05:13:27 PM
Imagine much less vibration on the CRF compared to the 300 as well.  Not sure where the gearing is at, you mentioned its was set up for high speed desert runs so might be able to lower the gearing to help in the tighter terrain but thats not going to help your mileage any.

I'll be switching up the gearing but  I kind of  like how it is now too and will be good for when I get the supermoto wheels. We did a stretch of road near Boca, my friend was cruising at 65 and I passed him like he was standing still. The guy said it will do 90 easily. The speedo is not hooked up properl  at the moment so I don't know for sure but it sure feels like it will do 90 pretty easily.