Main Menu

Roll Call - SSA Solstice Ride - Fort Bragg 06/17/17

Started by GreenMachine, June 14, 2017, 08:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Canceled

:announc
Saturday Quest Ride to Fort Bragg

The longest daylight hours of the year are here and won't come again until next year.

Planned dawn, as in the crack of dawn kickstands up (KSU).*  It's forecast to be hot here and mild on the coast.  No chance of rain and very little chance of clouds, other than marine layer once at the coast.   The earlier we get there, the more heat we can beat on the central valley portion.  This will be about a minimum 650 mile ride, more if it turns into an overnight run.  Any takers in making this an overnight?  I'm willing to wing it and see what happens.  Willits should have rooms available if nothing else.

Post up what your vote is for a one or two day ride.  Hurry, the week will go by quickly.

Traditionally this is a ride to Fort Bragg for lunch, which usually takes the quickest route there and back, highways 80 & 20.  However, there's always been a few who, once there want to take in a little more, which turns into a run up the coast to Fortuna and coming back on hwy 36.   I'm game for as much riding as possible.

If a two day ride is settled on, then our overnight destination will probably be inland along hwy 101, depending on what we can find and how stupid crazy we get.   :P   As always it's left up to the group and every group is different.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Just be aware of what you're getting yourself into...an adventure ride of enormous proportions.

*** Safety is paramount. ***
As always, see 2017 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect. 

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Vegasrider

GreenMachine

Don't worry, it's not in replacement of.  It's the Solstice Ride!  Long since scheduled as it was.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Quote from: Vegasrider on June 14, 2017, 08:27:36 PM
Almost duplicating my July 4th ride

Or could be considered as a sighting lap for the overnight trip.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

...Gone.

Gonna work on my dirt bike instead.  Started on it last night thinking I had everything I needed.

I didn't.  Now I have to buy parts for it today so I can put it back together.

A DRAGON

Dam green machine.  I still wanna do that ride. I just got everything put back together. Maybe I can go this weekend with the Smurf.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Dragon, if you're wanting to ride the coast, you better get it together.  Vegasrider already has a ride we're going on scheduled for two weeks from now.  See his thread for more details.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750