Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

New to Reno

Started by Billy_K, June 03, 2017, 03:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy_K

Hey all, just retired from the Army and moved here from Hawaii.  Looking forward to meeting all the active participants.  Was looking at the group ride for tomorrow meeting up at *KSU*??  Where is that?  I googled it and came up with Kansas State University Satellite location...is that correct?

RichVee4

Welcome to the SSA and Reno.   If you like mountains and motorcycling you've picked a great place to live.   KSU is "kick stands up" or departure time.  Last I checked no one has committed to the ride Sunday so check before heading out in the morning.   

We have two meeting places for rides depending on which direction they leave town, it will indicate in the schedule which location.

FYI: Northerly rides are marked with a *N* Leave from Reno @ Starbucks on N. McCarran Blvd by IHOP off I-80
       Southerly rides are marked with a *S* Leave from Maverik Country Store (Gas Station).
Live long and prosper \V/

Billy_K

OMG that's funny.  I've said it a million times, but never saw it written in short form.

I'm gonna head out at 6 am and ride Geiger Rd or do the Tahoe ring.  I'm on a '07 Red and White Ducati Monster S2R if you see me...

RichVee4

Hard to beat Geiger and at 6am traffic shouldnt be an issue.   Truck route on the south side of town is a good road to include (turn left just as you leave Virginia City by the old School.   :)

Billy_K

this is what I'm thinking of doing:

https://flic.kr/p/UdmDD2

RichVee4

Nice.. Haven't done all of Lousetown rd before, residential area.  Might see some wild horses if their up that early!

Billy_K

Is it?  I figured I'd give it a whirl and see what it looks like on the ground.  Gonna take me a bit to figure out this MASSIVE space! 

Vegasrider

Welcome Billy,

Glad you joined the forum.  I met you down at Street Vibrations yesterday when you stopped by my booth.  I guess the questions weren't too tough in order to join the forum.