Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville 05/28/17

Started by GreenMachine, May 23, 2017, 05:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Quote from: rg500nut on May 27, 2017, 06:51:08 PM

I'll be there unloaded by 10:15.  If you go over VC (Geiger, that should be about right).

I know right where that Target is, right at the Jacks Valley rd turn off.  We'll look for you on our way by.   
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

I'm going to save a few bucks on gas on my near empty tank and fuel up at the CC Costco a mile from RG.  The gas down there is 50 - 60c/gallon less expensive.  And since many of you will have to take on fuel at least once after we start, you could take advantage of it too.

Just an idea.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

That'll work.  Just need to hold to 9:30 KSU.

RichVee4

Great Ride Boys and Girls!  Perfect outing with the perfect group. 

GreenMachine

Pics posted. 

It's starting to feel like Summer's coming on.

Thanks Rich for the tour and planning.  Well done!  I think everybody got to enjoy their own little parts.

RG wanted me to review his bike.  I have some ideas for it too.  First of all, a masterful job at the carburetion.  The bike starts super easily.  It does take a bit of getting used to as it's not as torquey as a liter bike.  The altitude tames the motor quite a bit too.  What you'd expect from a smaller displacement motor.  I wasn't interested in testing the upper rev limits, but there was impressive power up top for a 500cc engine.  Easy enough to ride.  The gearing seemed tall, but that's coming from me.  I tend to bog my bike.  But at 55 - 60 MPH or whatever we were doing on hwy 88 going towards Minden, top gear did seem like I might be bogging it a bit, in danger of fowling the plugs. 

As a single digit (brake) rider, I'd have the brake lever moved back so it's not out of reach.  RG doesn't seem to have a problem finding it, but for me, braking seemed like a deliberate act, complicated by the lever being to far from the grip.

The steering was a lot more stable than I would have imagined.  Perhaps the bike had a stabilizer fitted. 

Fun to trade and to see what the grass is like on the other side.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

Great day with great group, scenery, and roads.  Thanks to all involved.  Makes one glad to live in Reno..

RG
2 strokes always...............