Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville 05/28/17

Started by GreenMachine, May 23, 2017, 05:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Planned 9:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  Conditions are looking good.

South route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at the Geiger Maverik Country Store. 

As always, see 2017 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Looking forward to it.  I vote to add Monitor Pass with a short run down 395 to see the Walker river.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Wade68

I would like to go and probably will.  Feeling a little gun shy though.  Have shown up for 3 rides and rode once.  Luckily GM and RG showed the 2nd time.  Looks like a great ride! 

RichVee4

You can usually gauge interest of who's going by the posts.   Last ride it didnt look as if anyone was committing.   Occasionally people show up that dont post but not often.

If your at Maverick by 9:30 I'll see you.  Be aware of where we meet, this is a south route, different from the previous ride.  See link in current ride schedule for location.

Hope you can make it.

PAPASMURF

:blackbike  is in. looking to possibly go to HWY 108 up and over to Dardanelle on sat 27, then back same way. see what happens. tally f----ing ho.
S1000R
R1250RS

RichVee4

PS, might be a little early for Sonora Pass. This is from caltrans today.

SR 108

[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]
IS CLOSED FROM 26.4 MI EAST OF STRAWBERRY (TUOLUMNE CO) TO 5.3 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF US 395 (MONO CO) /SONORA PASS/ - FOR THE WINTER - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

GreenMachine

Quote from: Wade68 on May 24, 2017, 01:59:41 AM
I would like to go and probably will.  Feeling a little gun shy though.  Have shown up for 3 rides and rode once.  Luckily GM and RG showed the 2nd time.  Looks like a great ride!
Now you know how I felt in my early days riding with the club.  I'd show up and I'd be it.  This was before the days when the rides were calendared and a thread started...and we'd have 200 bots from China and Chechnya logged in keeping tabs on what was happening on the site.  But I like to ride, like the freedom of just going at my own pace sometimes, stopping where I want for as long as I want or not. 

The group ride section has the old paper map routes laid out from that era, so something to keep in the back of your mind when it's a no-show weekend.  Take the map in your phone and make your own adventure.   8)

FYI, I don't plan on riding 06/04 if everything goes according to (my) plan.  Got an adventurous solo ride established for that Saturday.  Will have some other adventurous rides posted too in the coming months, which will take precedent over the scheduled ride for me.  They'll be overnight rides.  I'll give advance warning so people can plan ahead.

GreenMachine

Quote from: PAPASMURF on May 24, 2017, 06:36:05 AM
:blackbike  is in. looking to possibly go to HWY 108 up and over to Dardanelle on sat 27, then back same way. see what happens. tally f----ing ho.
Ps, you riding both Saturday and Sunday then?  I need to get some miles in and will be riding both days, maybe all three holiday days too.

PAPASMURF

yeah. would like to ride over HWY 108 and then back same, sorta. you know me, open to suggestion all the way. that on Sat, then the group ride on Sun. anyway that is the plan. about 8-30 sat, south.
:blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

PAPASMURF

thanks rich. just got my day wrecked. LOL. but the summer is long and we ain"t even there yet. so another ride.

wonder what La Port is like? anybody been there yet?  :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

rg500nut

Confused as usual.  Is this ride still on?? OR has it been supplemented to the WWS to Somerset, whatever the hell WWS is?  8:30 KSU from South Mavericks?, and then what route?

Was thinking of meeting you either at turnoff to Jack's Valley Road or at Woodfords/ Markleeville.  Save some worthless seat miles on my 2 stroke.  I'm in but need more detail please.

RG
2 strokes always...............

RichVee4

We are still on for Sunday, KSU at 9:30 starting from Maverick bottom of Geiger.  GM and PS are doing the WWS ride today.   Sure we can coordinate meeting up if you want to drive part way.  Our route is Geiger to Carson City then Jacks Valley rd/ Diamond Valley on to Markleville.  We dont go through Woodfords so would need to find a place to meet either in Markleville or before. 

Will be good to see you.  Looking like we'll have a decent sized group this outing.  Weather is about perfect.

rg500nut

Thanks Vee, no one has said anything here since noon.  I will wait in the Target parking lot at Jack's Valley right turn from 395.  See you there.  You make a better leader anyway (or Monica).

I'll be there unloaded by 10:15.  If you go over VC (Geiger, that should be about right).

What the hell is WWS?  That is what I need, another techie buzz word, LOL, WWS, etc.,  crap.

Happy RG............
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on May 27, 2017, 06:32:07 PM
We are still on for Sunday, KSU at 9:30 starting from Maverick bottom of Geiger.  GM and PS are doing the WWS ride today.   Sure we can coordinate meeting up if you want to drive part way.  Our route is Geiger to Carson City then Jacks Valley rd/ Diamond Valley on to Markleville.  We dont go through Woodfords so would need to find a place to meet either in Markleville or before. 

Will be good to see you.  Looking like we'll have a decent sized group this outing.  Weather is about perfect.
I'm sure the group size won't change, but we bit off a big ride today, so...  Might be enough for a weekend.

We lapped WWS three times.  A bit dirty still in parts, water coming up or through the road in others, a hump developing in the area after Icehouse on WWS where you begin to climb out of the s-turns.  There's always been a bump in the center of the lane, but now it's very pronounced.  Nothing too crazy other than all the turning around we were doing while checking new roads out.  Today was more observational than aggressively fool-hearted. 

C U guys in the morning.  :evil1