Main Menu

*Moved* Roll Call - VC - Tahoe Loop Saturday 5/13

Started by GreenMachine, May 10, 2017, 12:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

You're more gung-ho than either of us, I think.  I'm going to leave it up to you guys.  Think I'd like to stick to what I posted earlier tonight, but might be persuaded to do more.   :|) 

Are you sure you weren't cold at all today?  My bones are still chilled.  Brrrr!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

2 strokes always...............

Wade68

Guys,  has there been a definitive ride decided on as of yet?  I read a few what ifs and maybe's, but what is the final word?

Wade68

GreenMachine

Today's weather forecast says 30% - 50% chance of showers along our route from 11:00 AM throughout the day.

I say we meet at, as originally planned 10:00 start, Maverik at the base of VC and stick to Nevada.  Then we'll see how far RG feels like riding.  This could be a short one.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Wade68 on May 14, 2017, 07:47:11 AM
What is the final word?  Where and when?
Gonna play it by ear.  I'm concerned for RG, since he's not a long ride rider and the temps outside are going to be chilly.  Both work against him.

rg500nut

RG is hooking his electric jacket up, so he should be warm enough.  Decide when you want to go and if I get uncormfortable, I can turn back.  No issue, just please make a decision.  I vote for North route to Downieville, Starbucks at 10:00 on No McCarran.  Should be warmer saying away from Tahoe elevations.

Please make a decision.......

Wade68

According to the weather currents, Downie will not be any warmer than South Lake.  Just sayin'...

GreenMachine

Oh my  ???

Wade, are you good with Downieville instead of VC today? We'll get rained on for sure, if only for a shower, but might have a chance of drying out once in Downieville.

Leaving it open to route, now that RG has voted for Downieville.  Wade, your turn to vote.

Wade68

It doesn't matter to me.  But from what I am tracking, Downie won't be the better riding conditions compared to S Lake. 

GreenMachine

I flipped a coin then.  Downieville it will be.

10:00 AM North route Starbucks, 10170 N. McCarren Blvd

Wade68

rg500nut

GreenMachine

Wasn't the best choice we could have made, but it wasn't that bad either. 

We rode all the way into Sierraville where it was like the eye of the storm.  Rain coming down all around, but sunny and warm at our stop.  Yuba just looked like a bad idea.  It was clearly raining or possibly snowing up there.  It's one thing to get through it.  It's another to come back through it later, when it's even worse.

We scrubbed the idea, which was the mature decision.  Headed back to Reno for Mexican food.  We still got rained on, but it was only light and the snow was that light corn snow.  Wade68 and I hadn't had our fill yet, so we took in some more roads before calling it a day.  That out of our systems makes dealing with Monday that much more tolerable.   ;D

The bike is a little dirty, but when is it not after a ride.

Thanks boys!  Good times!

rg500nut