Main Menu

sat or sun ride

Started by PAPASMURF, November 12, 2016, 08:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAPASMURF

anyone going out today? i think i will go back out to sierraville for a quick stop then to downeyville with a return
to sierraville for lunch at  the Mex resturant. just to get out again. yuba was cold or actually cool friday, few places
were damp that stayed in the shade all day. the one 15 mph switchback could be deadly if you are not paying
attention, wet as hell and full of sand from when it had snowed, still some snow on the sides if the road along the
way. sierrraville market is getting new gas tanks so no gas from 7 nov for 3 wks or so. but overall a nice friday ride.
for me 930 at 4-bucks KSU by 10. then off to see the wizard, just want to cruise.
:blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

PAPASMURF

just noticed the DST is still on. says 905 actually 805
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Papa,

I was going to head out in that direction and all over, more in the lower hwy 49 area down by Nevada City.  Not quick and not back early though.  We can ride for however long together and see.  I'll fill you in on my quest ride for today when I see you. 

Breakfast is on now, then a slow gearing up.  Leisurely tempo today.  What time frame you thinking on starting?  It's already fairly warm due to the cloud cover.  I was thinking of starting no later than about 10 AM, but that's not fixed in stone.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

BTW, this would be a great day for 288RR to join us. D, are you out there?

:P
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Meet us at *bucks before 10 AM.

p.s. If you're riding today, you see this, and you're in the area.  Well, and you want to ride with us.  :evil1

PAPASMURF

great. sounds like a plan.
tally f-ing ho
see ya there
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

You were railing it today PS!  Those wet corners had me wetting myself.

Riding in November and actually having to strip down once over in Grass Valley.  How about that!  That was a really enjoyable ride. 

Now I have to figure out where I put my camera's communication cable.  Of course, it takes a special kind.   :-\

I'll post up content if I get it figured out.

PAPASMURF

oh yeah baby! was a blast. nice to be able to stop like we did so many times and ck out ol' mother nature.

of course it just had to get cold again coming home. after the glove change-out and then adding my fleece

i was perfect, but going over Yuba did tighten-up my under-carriage at a couple of the tighties. LOL but good tires

do help. you said it has been awhile since you used that camera so i hope you find the cable.  till next  time.

i'm gonna just do vc and the truck route a couple of times tomorrow just to say i got out, as it looks like this week

end may be the last for a ride for a while.

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Found the cable for my camera.  The video has been uploaded for your viewing pleasure.

I'll have to get together with you some time to download the one you have of me on your cellphone.  8)

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS