Main Menu

Ride Sat 10am

Started by RichVee4, July 23, 2016, 08:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

What a beautiful morning to get out for a ride.   The Mrs and I are planning to ride up Mt Rose then East shore Tahoe to Kingbury, down Kingsbury and back up carson valley.

There will be traffic and the pace will be touring.   Looking to get out and enjoy the awesome weather for a few hours.

If anyone wants to join we will meet at Maverick base of Geiger.  KSU 10am.
Live long and prosper \V/

RichVee4

A little behind schedule, waiting for one other rider. will be closer to 10:15.

GreenMachine

Oh sure, I see this now!

Golf tournament in S. Lake from what I understand.

I'll gear up and try to chase you guys down.  That might be harder than it sounds.   ;D
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Great ride today, so much cooler up around Tahoe.   Was chilly going up Rose this morning, took the turn off to slide mtn, nice views of washoe lake.  Talked to a couple guys getting ready to jump off the cliff and hang glide down into washoe valley.  Beautiful day at Tahoe lots of folks going to the beach, Sand Harbor was full, no surprise.  Had a good run down and up Kingsbury.  Surprised to see GM headed up,  meet up at the base and decided to head back up. Stopped at my favorite vista point near cave rock to take in the sights and even photo bombed a wedding picture.  Rode Spooner to Carson and stopped for lunch, In N Out.  Headed back via VC.  Had a good run up the truck route and down Geiger.   

Nice having GM join us, great little day ride. 

GreenMachine

Depending, I might have been able to convince PapaSmurf to join us too.  He was going down VC as I was going up.  I pulled off in a slow vehicle turn-out, but he didn't come back.  Probably had other plans, like ours, so I continued on.

Even though I screwed up the directions it worked to my advantage, having gone in the opposite direction as Rich's group.  We had to cross paths!  :) 

Darn, we didn't get to do the 270° downhill onramp onto I-395 in CC at the speed we like.  That's always a fun one.  But we did get to take in the truck route and Geiger again on the way back.

All safe and no performance awards. 

Good times!  8)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.