Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Hello From Washoe Valley

Started by washyo, May 23, 2016, 09:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washyo

How's it going everybody?

Experienced rider here, looking to hook up with fellow sportbike enthusiasts for spirited street rides and trackday adventures. This year will be my third season of trackdays, and I can't get enough of it. Been rocking an 04 GSXR 600 for the past 4 years, recently upgraded to a brand new (bought from a dealer) 2014 R1.

Most amazing bike I've ever owned. I'm planning on attending the June 11th Zoom Zoom Thunderhill event (full 5 mile course) for my 1st trackday on the R1.

Can't wait, hope to see some local Reno people there.

GreenMachine

Cool pics! Welcome to the  :flagSSA

I saw your other thread too.  There's more than a few on here who do trackdays.  I'm sure they'll be along to introduce themselves.  A diverse bunch on here.  You'll see.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Welcome!  Looking forward to meeting you on a ride this season.   
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

washyo

Thanks for the welcome!

I hope to join some SSA rides this season, and maybe check out the Weds bike night at PJ's too.

:cheers

RenoRider75

Welcome!  I've been wanting to get down to t-hill for a track day this year...  Freaking kids always messing up my plans...   :-X

Hope to see you on a ride this season!

GreenMachine

You just missed a chance to go for FREE.  Too bad you couldn't get away.  Dub and Redleader were both there instructing.  Excellent help & instruction, as you know.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RedLeader

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 22, 2016, 01:27:36 PM
Dub and Redleader were both there instructing. 

Dub was, I dont instruct anymore. I was just trying to remember how to go fast.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

washyo

I had a blast on June 11th with Z2...the five mile course is always my favorite. Hope to meet up with some of you guys at future events, trying to do 1 trackday per month for the rest of the season. Probably going back to T hill on the 11th of this month (a Monday) with Keigwins (already got the time off from work). The standard 3 mile east course, but it's only $170, and a buddy rides for free! Anybody want to go halves with me? That's $85 per rider :)

dub

The 5 mile course was fun to try out a few times, but I don't really like it. The east and the west course are just so different, that it feels too disjointed. It feels like you are doing two different laps on two different race tracks, instead of one long lap. The connectors are the best part.

I'll be there on the 11th.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

washyo

To each his own I guess. The variety of the full course really appeals to me; turns 4W-6W are some of my favorite overall sections of T-Hill. The East track gets a little stale to me after a while, and I feel that the complexity of the full course forces me to ride outside my comfort zone and helps to improve my riding.

But it's all good. I love the 3 mile too, and I just bought my ticket for the 11th.

Hope to see you there, I'll be riding the Blue/White 2014 R1 with the Yosh pipes, and white A-Stars tracksuit (B+ group). Hopefully my friend Josh will be there too (trying to get him to do his first trackday). He told me at PJ's last Wednesday that he was down for the trackday, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.