Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

buy 1 get 1 @ Thunderhill

Started by dub, July 01, 2016, 10:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Keigwins@theTrack, Thunderhill July 11-12

https://www.facebook.com/events/199868643748090/

Quote from: k@ttBuddy ride for free day! Pay for a regular spot, and you can bring a friend to ride for free! We only have one event this month, so come out and join us!

Excludes Ticket Packs, VIP passes, and Season Passes.

Just drop us an email after you sign up to let us know who your buddy, with there contact info, and we can sign them up! Email us at keigwins@thetrack.biz.

Limited to number of spaces, so sign up early!

Schedule: http://www.keigwins.com/events_schedule.php#July 2016
Register: http://www.keigwins.com/orderpage_item.php?eid=451&trackname=thunderhill

Only $170, or $85 each!
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RedLeader

"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

GreenMachine

Quote from: RedLeader on July 01, 2016, 10:00:53 AM
This is a killer deal.
:agree

I know RR75 would have taken up the $1 trackday if he had known about it.  He wants to go again to get more seat time at the track...crazy speed freak! 

I hope this gives him an opportunity to do so.

Is there anywhere where a single rider can coordinate ticket sharing with a "buddy?"
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

washyo

I plan on going, looking to share the cost with someone. If anyone's interested, hit me up.

dub

If you don't get any interest, post up on BARF, you'll probably have better luck finding a partner there.

dub

Quote from: washyo on July 02, 2016, 09:48:02 PM
I plan on going, looking to share the cost with someone. If anyone's interested, hit me up.

Did you go? I totally forgot you said you would be there so I could hook up with you.

washyo

Yeah, I  was there. My friend Josh said he was down to go with me, but he flaked out. Still had a great time, weather was perfect, started out riding B+ , but got bumped up to A group.

I also rented a lap timer for the 1st time, my fastest lap was 2:11.4 (slow A group level). Cut off for A group for keigwins is 2:15 at Thill 3 mile.

I got a lot of work to do to get faster, but I'm happy with my progress. Can't wait for the next trackday.

GreenMachine

But your 2:11 is faster by four seconds than their 2:15 cut-off or am I missing something.  That's 14 seconds faster than my best.

;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: washyo on July 15, 2016, 07:24:34 PM
Yeah, I  was there. My friend Josh said he was down to go with me, but he flaked out. Still had a great time, weather was perfect, started out riding B+ , but got bumped up to A group.

I also rented a lap timer for the 1st time, my fastest lap was 2:11.4 (slow A group level). Cut off for A group for keigwins is 2:15 at Thill 3 mile.

I got a lot of work to do to get faster, but I'm happy with my progress. Can't wait for the next trackday.

I'm embarrassed that I forgot you were going to be there so I could seek you out to chat and take some laps.

I was distracted because I was testing a new race bike these days.

The weather was perfect, low to mid 90s isn't deathly hot, but the track is nice and sticky.

washyo

QuoteBut your 2:11 is faster by four seconds than their 2:15 cut-off or am I missing something.  That's 14 seconds faster than my best.

Thanks for the kind words Greenmachine, but moving up from B+ to A group was quite a change; I went from being one of the fastest guys in the group to one of the slowest. But it's good for me, it pushes me to improve my riding, makes me realize how much faster it is possible to ride, especially when you see one of the top guys (surely a club racer) blow by you like you're standing still.

But I still made a few good passes in A group, and actually had a pretty fun battle with a woman rider (trading passes). Talked with her at the end of the day, turns out her fast lap was a 2:11 too; seems like we were evenly matched, and she was riding a 600!

Kinda humbling, but cool nonetheless.

Fast laptimes are the shiznit, but in the end it's all about having a good time and improving your skills  :thumbup

QuoteI'm embarrassed that I forgot you were going to be there so I could seek you out to chat and take some laps.

I was distracted because I was testing a new race bike these days.

The weather was perfect, low to mid 90s isn't deathly hot, but the track is nice and sticky.

No worries man, hopefully we'll hook up at a trackday or street ride in the future.

How's the race bike working out? What kind of bike? You race AFM?