Main Menu

Good luck to our two VC GP racers next Sunday!

Started by GreenMachine, April 24, 2016, 06:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Was out practicing with SL tonight.  Rich and he were out earlier.  Struggle getting up our first hill, but after riding a little bit, was able to make it up those same rutted out tiny hills.  SL's getting really good.  I know Rich is pretty good too.  So best of luck next week to you both!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Rich might want to doublecheck his eligibility for Sunday's race.  I don't see his name on there.  SL is listed though.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm getting excited for it, haven't been in any type of competitive sports or events since college days, looking forward to tapping in to the old competitive side again.

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 26, 2016, 03:15:43 PM
Rich might want to doublecheck his eligibility for Sunday's race.  I don't see his name on there.  SL is listed though.

He missed the mail in deadline but is registering in person Fri.

That means you or anyone else can still register up to the morning of the race. ;D

RichVee4

It was $10 less to pre register but I decieded to wait, wanted to make sure I was healthy and schedule worked out.   I'm sort of glad to have a higher number, lets me start toward the rear of my group.  This is one time I wish I was 50, missed that cut off by a month so I will be the old man in the 40yro group, sure I can hold my own though.

Thanks for the encouragement.  I defiantly will celebrate with a beer after we finish, 3-4 hrs riding.

The Mrs will be hanging out in the pits if you or anyone else wanted to stop by.  It requires a wrist band but we will have some extras.  Just let me know and we can make arrangements.   
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Heck yeah!  I know another client friend who'll be in the pits.  His nephew, I believe, is working the RMS crew instead of racing.  It'll be impossible to tell who is whom out riding, but I'd like to get some pictures of our two fearsome duo coming in over the truck route or the in-town loop.

dub

Scott you are gridded just two spots ahead of my friends Laura and Aly racing in the women's class. They are both on KTM 250 XCF-Ws.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Quote from: dub on April 27, 2016, 10:19:37 AM
Scott you are gridded just two spots ahead of my friends Laura and Aly racing in the women's class. They are both on KTM 250 XCF-Ws.

Cool. Friends of yours.., I better get out of their way!
Half our row is KTM's, popular bike for this sort or riding I suppose.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Both finished.  No broken bones.  Congrats to you both!

Posting your pictures now.