Main Menu

Dirt Ride Saturday 4/2

Started by dub, April 01, 2016, 02:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Scott's coming down for a trail ride in the pine nuts tomorrow.

The pace can be whatever we want, but the trails will be difficult to very difficult.

Your bike needs to be able to go at least 50 miles. Bring water and food, we will be way out there and away from the truck for hours.

If anyone else is interested PM me for time/place.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Not this weekend for me.  Got other plans already, but would like to try out some of your rides some time.  Can't be much worse than following TB5 and his buddies.  :P  Well, I suppose it could be, but I'd like to think there's another way over that hill or through that canyon.  Straight up and straight down isn't my cup of tea.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Thanks for the ride today Dub. Great ride, that's got to be one of the best places in the area I've been on for tight single track and it makes it nice going with someone that knows their way around (well, for the most part...:D).

dub

If you have no idea where you are, but you just keep riding down the trail, then you pop out of the woods and suddenly you know exactly where you are, were you ever really lost?

slmoto

I wouldn't say lost, just exploring some different routes.
It all worked out obviously, I'm home enjoying a post ride beer (or two, or three...).  :cheers

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Went riding again on Sunday at Peavine. Dang there is some fun single track there.

slmoto

Nice pic, you seem to be enjoying it.

I think I know the area you're talking about, snakes in and around big rocks like that in your pic, that area is a lot of fun. Probably the best section around Peavine.

Did you guys run into any snow, from the looks of your pic looks to be all clear?

dub

No snow. Still some sizeable mud puddles though.

slmoto

Nice, mud doesn't bother me much, nor snow so long as it's not too much.  I'm going to have to get back out that way, haven't been over in that area since last year.

dub

You would think the mud puddles were made of Lava the way I avoid them. Can't have the dirt bike getting dirty.

I thought when I said I was going to Peavine you said that's where you always ride?

slmoto

Quote from: dub on April 04, 2016, 06:25:46 PM
You would think the mud puddles were made of Lava the way I avoid them. Can't have the dirt bike getting dirty.

I'm the opposite, I head straight for them. I wheelie'd right through the center of the few we passed on the ride I did with you on Sat, thought (was hoping) we would have seen more.

Quote from: dub on April 04, 2016, 06:25:46 PM
I thought when I said I was going to Peavine you said that's where you always ride?

When I do a short ride close to home I either go by Caughlin Ranch area or Peavine but lately I've only been on the other side of Peavine closer to 395. I thought there would be more snow over where you were since from my house the mountains over in the direction of Verdi looked to have a lot of snow on them.

RichVee4

Trying to figure out where that pic was taken on Peavine.  It looks like the west side of Peavine from the trees.  Did you start at Verdi?   I would have thought there would more snow as well. 
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on April 05, 2016, 07:02:18 AM
Trying to figure out where that pic was taken on Peavine.  It looks like the west side of Peavine from the trees.  Did you start at Verdi?   I would have thought there would more snow as well. 

No idea. It was my first time in the area. We staged here. Not a single spot of snow.