Main Menu

No ride to report

Started by GreenMachine, March 24, 2016, 09:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Just an update on riding dirt in general.  I think I'm ready to get back in the saddle, on a limited C pace basis, as you can tell by my other road riding threads.  I'm finding that riding is therapeutic.   ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Good to have you back in the dirt.  I'm always up for a moderate ride. 
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

There should be more moisture in the forecast for next week, so depending on what happens, maybe the following weekend for a bit.  No rock waterfalls, but some semi-technical stuff might work to loosen the ol' body up.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Rock waterfalls is all I ride.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Quote from: dub on March 25, 2016, 09:18:35 AM

I need to go back and try that little step up you took us on a while back, I'm guessing it would go a lot smoother now on the KTM.

GreenMachine

I'm thinking mud riding won't be on my short list if things to do this weekend.  Hadn't expected it to snow as much as it did.

dub

Didn't snow much down south. It was pretty dusty last weekend. Might just be perfect this weekend. Supposed to warm to the 50s then 60s starting tomorrow.

Scott maybe you should come back down for another crack at J.Lane. I'll keep an eye on conditions.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Quote from: dub on March 29, 2016, 10:58:49 AM
Didn't snow much down south. It was pretty dusty last weekend. Might just be perfect this weekend. Supposed to warm to the 50s then 60s starting tomorrow.

Scott maybe you should come back down for another crack at J.Lane. I'll keep an eye on conditions.

I was surprised how much we got here in Reno, my yard is still fully covered in a couple inches even in spots that get full sun but it's still a bit cool once temps rise I'm sure it'll disappear fast.

I've been making a point to go back to sections that I struggled with on the YZ and so far I've been able to do them all with ease on the KTM. I'd love to get back out there and give some of those sections another go, let me know how the conditions work out.

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: dub on March 25, 2016, 09:18:35 AM
If that's what you like you NEED to go ride downieville. Rattlesnake is the nastiest section of beat down I've ever seen and I loved every bit of it. Btw, you'll be doing nasty waterfall stuff but with a cliff on one side. Makes it much more interesting!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.