Main Menu

Dirt ride Sunday 11/22

Started by RichVee4, November 16, 2015, 08:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

That was a great outing today, 47.5 miles.   Found our way per the crude map I had and almost to the petroglyph site.  We know where they aren't now!   Turned up a canyon just a little before we should have.  Hard when not familiar with the area, lots of dirt roads, but was still fun exploring.   There was much more water and mud than I was expecting, mud was very slippery in areas, couldnt even walk.  Thinking  late spring may be a good time to go back out.  The petroglyphs have been there 10,000 years so few more months wont make a difference. Good job SL riding with a missing foot peg.  My confidence was notably improved after our last technical ride a few weeks ago.

http://quakingaspen-ranch.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/lagomarsino_petroglyphs_008.2795554_large.jpg
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

No fear.

I'd be afraid of riding into a mine shaft and falling to the bottom.  I'd really be messed up then!

Good job!  And yes, I'll join you two on the Spring version of this ride.  Looks like SL brought lunch and a beer growler.  My mouth is watering just thinking about a nice IPA on the trail.   :cheers
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

I will take you up on your offer and looking forward to the three of us trying this again in spring.  Probably best you passed on this outing.   The ride from Jumbo grade to VC is not that difficult, SL and I have done it twice now.   But after leaving VC and heading out on our loop it got pretty rocky in sections and the mud made it much more challenging.   If you were 100% doable but anything less would make it hard.

Lunch was a nice hot pulled pork sandwich with mac and cheese at VC jerky company.  Good motivation to get back.   Once we got back to Geiger from our loop we rode the hwy back to VC about 5 miles on the road.   I had SL lead, since he is legal and I followed.  The VC sheriff happened to go by the other direction but didn't bother us.  
Live long and prosper \V/