Main Menu

Dirt Ride 10/31, 11/01?

Started by slmoto, October 30, 2015, 07:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

I'm good either day and up for whatever, just looking to go play in the dirt. Anyone want to get out and ride?

dub

Maybe 10/31. Stand by, plans in progress.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

RichVee4

Live long and prosper \V/

dub

slmoto

Sounds good, should be fun to see some new terrain.

Rich, you in? Carpool?

RichVee4

Sure.  Like the idea of going somewhere new.  I can pick you up on the way down, 9am sound good?

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on October 30, 2015, 05:51:40 PM
Sure.  Like the idea of going somewhere new.  I can pick you up on the way down, 9am sound good?

Great, might want to make it 8:50am to give a little time to load the bike... Looks like almost an hour drive to get there.

See you in the morning.

dub

Cool, see you guys tomorrow. Just drive to the end of Johnson Lane and when it turns to dirt you are in the staging area.

This will be a 40ish mile trail ride. Dirt/sand roads in and out, and a few connectors, and lots of single track. Bring food/water to be out all day.

slmoto

Quote from: dub on October 30, 2015, 06:02:45 PM
Cool, see you guys tomorrow. Just drive to the end of Johnson Lane and when it turns to dirt you are in the staging area.

This will be a 40ish mile trail ride. Dirt/sand roads in and out, and a few connectors, and lots of single track. Bring food/water to be out all day.

Sound good, looking forward to it. See you tomorrow.

RichVee4

I mentioned it to my friend Craig and he is interested in coming.  He went with us on our Henness pass ride last year.  He is planning to meet us at the staging area.

RichVee4

Loading up...  See you guys soon.  GM rest up so you can join us next trip.

RichVee4

Some challenging trails today, worked up a little sweat.   Ok a lot!  Think we had Jonny Walker as a leader and doing a hard enduro training day.  Enjoyed the company and exploring a new area.     More technical than I 've ridden before but happy I conquered most of it and live to tell about it.    

slmoto

Thanks for the ride today Dub, I really enjoyed it!

I like being challenged and there were definitely some challenging sections for me today, glad to tackle the small waterfall/step up in the beginning. That's something I probably would have shied away from in the past, glad to find out it's a possibility for me now. I'd like to do that one again a few times in a row and see if I can't make it up with a little more control instead of just blasting it with throttle and hoping for the best.

dub

Thanks for coming down guys. Sorry, that route was maybe a little more challenging that you had bargained for. Scott, that bike sucks, but you are doing really well on it! Get yourself on a more usable trail bike and you'll be loving life.

How was the ride back to the truck? Once Chris and I got up on top of a hill we were able to see just how far North we were. We were like up in North Carson. You guys must have had a long trek back South to Johnson lane.