Main Menu

Time for some activity in the dirt section?

Started by slmoto, October 01, 2015, 07:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

Dragon is out of town so he's out. Not sure on his gear situation but hopefully he'll get some soon.

Just got some new tires installed, between new tires and the recent rain I'm hoping for some really nice grip. That last ride we did GM really tore up my front tire. I was going over my bike today to make sure it's ready for tomorrow and noticed half the side knobs on the front were ripped completely off. I think it was a combo of an older tire that was drying out and that endless rock bed we ended up on in the early part of the ride. Anyhow, new front and rear installed and ready to ride. Even did some test wheelies around the block to make sure everything was working... :evil1
:GrnWheelie        :crazy

RichVee4

That was a proper ride to kickoff to the dirt season.  Enjoyed exploring some new areas on the east side of dog valley.  More technical riding than I usually seek out but enjoyed the challenge and single track sections.    What a difference new tires made, feels like a new bike.   Gonna be sore tomorrow!!
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Good ride today guys, good mix of terrain. After that tight single track it was fun to open it up on the fire road for a bit. I second the new tire feel, crazy how much of a difference it made...

GreenMachine

Thanks to R & M for showing us their pad and hanging out for a bit afterwards.  Great ride today. 

Let's do it again today?  I cleaned the bike up.  Haven't sorted it's starting problem though.  What a pain!  This thing is very strange sometimes.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 04, 2015, 09:44:17 AM
Let's do it again today?

Are you serious? I am, I'd love to get back out today, conditions are looking even better than yesterday.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Here's a short video to get you pumped for today.
https://youtu.be/NpCubYprqFQ
I need to quite complaining about the heaviness of my bike, that's an 1190! But also one of the most skilled enduro riders...

RichVee4

Watched the video, nicely done. He makes it look so easy on the 1190.  Reminds me of rally racing, fast and lots of drifting.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Yeah, a little showy for the camera considering he's normally all about as little wheel spin as possible but it's crazy how he throws such a big bike around, makes the bike look light as a feather.

slmoto

Here's that youtube channel I was talking about, I'll post it here in case anyone else comes across the post and finds it helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJAvmhgP0h1AEKY8vTEJPJg

I've tried implementing some of the things they show and talk about and it has seemed to help, I've been able to get through things easier than when I was first starting out.

GreenMachine

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 08, 2015, 08:50:22 AM
You need a Red Bull helmet.

If they sponsor me, I'd gladly wear one. Otherwise, no thanks, Red Bull tastes like shit and I'm not into the energy drink thing at all! But I do appreciate what their sponsorship's and involvement have done for non mainstream sports such as mountain biking, motorcycle riding...