Main Menu

Time for some activity in the dirt section?

Started by slmoto, October 01, 2015, 07:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

It's raining outside, does that mean we can officially kick off dirt season? I say yes! :disco

Looking to get out this weekend and play in the dirt, mud if we're lucky. Anyone is interested?

GreenMachine

We must be thinking along the same lines.  As I pulled out of the rain and into my garage last night, I looked over at the dirt bike. 

Saturday appears to be the drier of the weekend days.  Both will be about the same temps.  The ground should be firm enough for us to get Dragon to go and to find that singletrack on Peavine. :evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

If we left out of Verdi the dirt should be really nice as it's usually not as dry under the tree cover out there. It'd be great if we could get Dragon out on the dirt and the dirt traction out of Verdi would be easy for him to get started on.

I'd be game for Saturday and I've been itching to find that single track again. I think last time I went looking for it I didn't go far enough towards Peavine out of Verdi before I had to head back to work.

dub

Duuuude. It's gonna be good this weekend; cool temps and wet ground. I'll be at Thunderhill for AFM, and I'm actually kind of bummed about it because I'm so excited for dirt season.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Quote from: dub on October 01, 2015, 12:26:59 PM
Duuuude. It's gonna be good this weekend; cool temps and wet ground. I'll be at Thunderhill for AFM, and I'm actually kind of bummed about it because I'm so excited for dirt season.

Well, look at it this way, having to go race motorcycles is just about the best alternative to not being able to go ride dirt.

But I feel you, I've been excited for dirt as well. Actually, I've been sneaking in some dirt rides throughout the summer anyway but I'm really looking forward to these wet conditions.

Good luck with your race. What happened to the reports this season? I enjoyed those videos you've posted in the past.

dub

Quote from: slmoto on October 01, 2015, 12:45:24 PMWhat happened to the reports this season? I enjoyed those videos you've posted in the past.

Laziness, mostly.
But also, last year when I was winning races as a novice I was always jazzed up to relive it by writing a blog post the following week. Now, as an expert, when I'm in a 3-way battle for 10th, it's just as fun to do it, but not as fun to write about later. I guess another way to put it would be that I don't have as much to brag about now.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

The thought of a dirt ride crossed my mind today also.  Conditions are looking pretty sweet.   I ran the idea by the boss and no big objection for either Sat or Sun AM ride.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Cool!  Saturday seems like a better match at this point for me.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

I'd be good for either day but Sat. looks a little better weather wise anyway.

Shall we make it a ride?

How does Saturday 10/3 at 9:30am sound? We can meet at the turnout where the pavement ends on Henness Pass Rd in Verdi?

RichVee4

Sounds good.  Any chance you can pick me up on your way there?

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on October 02, 2015, 06:10:19 AM
Sounds good.  Any chance you can pick me up on your way there?

Sure, not a problem. I'll stop by your place about 9am.

GreenMachine

In.

I'll see if any of the other forum challenged knuckleheads wants to join too.   :angel

slmoto

Sounds good. I texted dragon this morning to let him know since I haven't seen him on here for a while but haven't heard back yet.

Guessing if he see's the 9:30am start time it's not going to sound that appealing to him...

GreenMachine

I think Dragon's problem will be gear.  I texted TB5.  He's out too.  Sounds like his progress has been slower than mine. 

RichVee4