Main Menu

Buttonwillow 3-4 October ..Anyone?

Started by cobra23, September 08, 2015, 10:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

I am / was planning on Buttonwillow 3-4 October with PTT.

Rider number 2 just cancelled, anyone else from Reno going?

If not I may cancel as well.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

Did you go Ted? I saw it rained cats and dogs.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

cobra23

Yes I did, Saturday was great... the LA / So Cal crowd is.... uhh a little "different", but I have to hand it to PTT they had the crazies...one at a time all straightened out by noon.

They did a fantastic job. Sunday it did in fact rain of the cats and of the Dawgs, and maybe groundhogs. I left around noon we had a lot of fun cheering on all the riders brave enough to go out on the track, there were quite a few. I gathered that in the afternoon it cleared off.

Buttonwillow is interesting, the front straight is rather short, the only relaxation occurs on the back half in a long series of gradual turns.

The first few laps seemed clumsy to me, and in fact I threw the bike into a horrible slide, as I underestimated one of the turns, thinking it was about 45 degrees instead of about 90 or perhaps decreasing radius..instead of increasing or constant; honestly I cant remember what went wrong, just that I saved it, and the noise.. I don't think I have ever slid a bike hard enough to make a bunch of tire noise before.

. After two or three sessions I found there is one long line around the track, and started to concentrate on different sections the rest of the day. PTT did an outstanding job. I mean on the first parade lap, a rider passes me, and slightly "bumps" the instructor... uhhh oh boy, did that rider get the shaking finger treatment. The riders were interesting, but like I say one by one PTT got them settled down, I was very impressed. There were only a few of those nutz', but enough that I noticed it more than the typical Nor Cal or the old RFR track days.

The drive down there is long, but it was well worth while.

cobra23

Photo rain rain go away... oh well

They ride anyway !

cobra23

And of course ME ME ME I love MEEEE !!