Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

New to the sport

Started by MikeHoy, August 28, 2015, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHoy

I've been riding/racing bicycles for 30 years, but decided to check out two-wheeled, motorized fun.  I'm about 2000 miles into the sport on my shiny new Triumph Street Triple.  Looking forward to riding with others and collecting tips. 

-Mike Hoy
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

dub

Welcome. Street Triples are awesome. I kinda want one to replace my SV650...

I commuted by bicycle in Portland, OR for a handful of years. The skills I developed, like situational awareness, reading traffic patterns, and predicting what drivers are going to do while piloting a 2-wheeled vehicles in traffic have really helped me on the motorcycle.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

MikeHoy

Nice.  My youngest just graduated from Oregon State.  I've done lots of cycling in Portland (Skyline is the best!) and the rest of the state.  In fact, I'm riding Cycle Oregon for the sixth time starting September 12.  The course is relatively easy this year.  The loop is in the eastern part of the state (Baker City, LaGrande) and takes us into Idaho.  It would be fun to ride bicycles in the morning, and moto in the afternoon. 

-Mike
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

288RR

Welcome. Glad to have you here.  I was new at riding when I started with the ssa and I have been able to learn so much to make me a better rider

GreenMachine

Come on out anytime or post up a ride of your own and see if you get some takers.  Everybody has their own schedule for work and riding.  Worth asking.

Welcome.   :flagSSA
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.