Main Menu

Aug 23rd "3 Passes" -- Yuba, La Porte, Bucks Lake Roll Call

Started by A DRAGON, August 17, 2015, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Just relaying what I heard. You guys do whatever blows Your skirt up.

I'm out. I have a sick family member who I'm visiting.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

2 strokes always...............

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS

A DRAGON

RG and GM. Sorry to hear your out.  Looking forward to an awesome day tomorrow.   Hope we can eat some Thai food for Lunch.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

Great ride, thanks everyone.

All those roads were in excellent shape, and it wasn't nearly as hot as I was expecting down in Oroville. Unfortunately the Thai place was closed on Sundays, and the Japanese place....and the other Thai place. So we had to settle for Mexican. Feeling a little sore right now, 450 miles is too many on the SV. Maybe I should get a better seat...

Here's the route we ended up doing. Kenny, you can examine it and decide if we are worthy of your company in the future. Click for Google Map.

PAPASMURF

was a very nice ride, but hectic. got to ride with 2 more fast guys. had to go back to 395

to get back. made it, and all is well. lol. nice one guys.
S1000R
R1250RS

A DRAGON

:redbike2 :IagreeWhat a awesome ride again today.  Had to start off heading up the ride just like the old days.  Wow I'm way out of practice.  GM please come back soon.  I was a freaking SQUIRREL.   We really missed you.  But I'm even more happy to see you taking care of your family.  Yes. Their number 1.  We'll just have to manage in your absence.  450 miles! I new we did allot today. Thanks dub.
Started a little late today. Sorry Andre I made you wait to long for my sorry behind to show up. It was a pleasure to have you on a ride again.  You and Repsol Rick were the icing on the ride today.   I had to tell Repsol boy to stop keeping up with THE SV's . He was right where he left off. On my Butt.  I thought the only riding he's been doing was those selfvies he's been taking in his garage on his bike.  I guess when it's in your system. You just gotta keep that drug coming. Dam Motorcycles :flagSSA That's why we have the club. If you wanna ride. Come on out. Leave the Drama behind yeah. 
Did La Porte today. Just made me wonder? WHY IN THE HELL DON'T WE DO THAT ROAD MORE!  :hbang It was awesome sweepers. Smooth road.  Well maybe not sweepers.  When the road is smooth. All turns become sweepers on an SV.  Think I'll take GM's advice Do La Porte. Turn around and do it again. Then head to Quincy for fuel.  Head to Pucks lake road.  So you can do them both twice.  :banana2 :banana2 :egyptian :banana2 :xactly . We even did the truck route on the way back. Very clean.  Hardly any gravel at all.  Plus new black top.  What could be better?  :champion

Papasmurf. Thanks for looking out for us when that car jammed his way in front of us.  But I Had let him in. He was actually Kool with me.  I felt for the guy wanting to get around the line of traffice he was behind. I know I hate it when it's happening to me. Happy to hear you made it home in time for you lady. Happy wife means? Happy Life.

Thanks again to everyone who took time to ride with us today. Can't wait till next Sunday.  Monitor here we come.  :cheers(
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Agreed all around, Jerome. Was nice to have Rick and Andre join, hopefully we get to see them more often.

I always forget how nice La Porte is. When I think of it the first thing that comes to mind is the steep switchbacks on the Quincy side, I forget about the awesome smooth sweepers going down the La Porte side. With GM, we always just turn around and go right back, but I really enjoyed continuing on through La Porte to Oroville. It is kind of annoying how the speed limit on La Porte Rd is only 45, and you have to slow down for all those dumb little towns, but the road is still really fun!

I definitely like the truck route better than turning left to stay on Bucks Lake rd. Yeah, sometimes there is a little gravel on the right hand corners. But, I can deal because those turns are so nice, way better than putting past the resort at 15mph then negotiating the steep switchbacks.

NO SOPES?!?!

A DRAGON

I'll buy you some sopes when you come to town phat boy. Them you'll be asking for them to. Nice riding with you dub. Those SV'S were setting the pase.  Bumps didn't bother us at all.  Funny to hear those guys complaining.

GM thanks for that photo of Dave chappel. That's funny. Shirts against the blouses.  Easy win. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 24, 2015, 12:49:06 PMThose SV'S were setting the pace. Bumps didn't bother us at all.  Funny to hear those guys complaining.

They were complaining the road was too bumpy and I didn't even know which road they were talking about.

Mel

GreenMachine

Couldn't be.  No self respecting FZ-6 pilot would be caught dead on such a road.  Right?  ;D