Main Menu

Aug 23rd "3 Passes" -- Yuba, La Porte, Bucks Lake Roll Call

Started by A DRAGON, August 17, 2015, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Aug 23rd "3 Passes" -- Yuba, La Porte, Bucks Lake

Well let's see who's up for another Iron Butt. I'm in. Haven't done La Porte in a long time. Going to hot again so pack some swimming gear just in case we have the opportunity.  I know Pucks lake is calling again.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Vegasrider

Do you have a link to what the route will be? Being new to the area, I'm not familiar with these destinations and not knowing the exact route sometimes prevents me from committing.

PAPASMURF

hey dragon! you really ARE bound and determined to go swimming some place. LOL ;)

but from what GM had said the last time we were in that direction, the REAL name is

SKEETER LAKE, in fact you were there the LAST time. lol

guess you ain't scared of the big bad skeeters ;D

sounds like a lot of fun as usual. THE RIDE IS ON. ;D

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Quote from: Vegasrider on August 17, 2015, 05:47:07 PM
Do you have a link to what the route will be? Being new to the area, I'm not familiar with these destinations and not knowing the exact route sometimes prevents me from committing.
See the ride maps in the Weekly Group ride schedule area. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

And about 400 miles.  Bucks is 320 - 340 and one more pass adds about 60 more.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

A DRAGON

I think Im gonna meet the new guy on Friday night at Our Bar around 6 or 7. If anyone wants to come down.  He just bought Sarah's Honda 250.. we can talk about riding on Sunday morning.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

It looks like I'm going to be tied up this weekend getting things back together.  Just a bunch of things that have worn out that need priority attention before Monday.  Two vehicles down in one week.  :( 

If I get some things straight by Friday afternoon, I'll join you downtown.

A DRAGON

Great. I'm looking at 5 or 6.  I running down tyres for my Aprilia. I feel your pain. Do you have a chain breaker for your job?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

I've owned several chain breakers over the years and the chains broke them all.  I'll just drop the bike off at MotoSource and let Rich do it.  He did it last time too.  This will be the bike's fourth chain and third set of sprockets.  I don't have time to mess with it.

dub

I do believe I'm in for this ride. Jerome, what's the meet time/place?

Quote from: Vegasrider on August 17, 2015, 05:47:07 PM

Why? Just trust that we'll take you on some great roads. Don't like them? OK, don't ride them again in the future. But you wont know 'til you try.

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 20, 2015, 11:09:55 PM
I've owned several chain breakers over the years and the chains broke them all.  I'll just drop the bike off at MotoSource and let Rich do it.  He did it last time too.  This will be the bike's fourth chain and third set of sprockets.  I don't have time to mess with it.

That's almost certainly because you are using them improperly. That's what happens when you use them wrong; they break. I've been using the Motion Pro PBR (PBR stands for Press, Break, Rivet) for the last few years and it works great. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/756/30068/Motion-Pro-PBR-Chain-Breaker
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

A DRAGON

You lazy Bump.  Use a grinder to break the chain.  Then after you connect up the new chain.  Use the breaker to mushroom the rivets.   $100.00 Dollars please. Take 30 minutes.  Just piling on GM.  It can be a pain. I just hate spending the money.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Sounds like Bucks has been eliminated from the ride, so just La Porte via Yuba.

Vegasrider

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS