Main Menu

Hot August Nights Drag Racing 6PM - Midnight 08/07/15

Started by GreenMachine, August 07, 2015, 02:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Thinking of heading down there on the MC tonight.  Admission is $10.  Anybody else, post here and maybe get a bite to eat while there.  Saturday is the last night they run, but I'd rather go down tonight.

The Nugget in Sparks.

KOLOTV spot

RGJ spot

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

The track has stands and is 1/16th of a mile or 330 feet.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Have plans already, will be hanging with Billy Idol tonight.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

After all this, you're heading to the heart of full throttle and the exhaust that comes with it?

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 03, 2015, 07:41:13 AM
Looking around town, it's like the calm before the storm.  But this year I'm ready.

Quote from: slmoto on August 03, 2015, 09:29:00 AM
I don't quite get all the distaste for hot aug. nights. I like seeing all the old cars driving around. Yeah it may cause some minor traffic delays here and there but it brings in money for the city and provides something to do for those who enjoy it. Without all these different things going on reno would just be another boring little city.

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 04, 2015, 10:50:31 AM
I think all the muscle cars are cool too.  My distaste stems from my little understanding of chemistry.

"Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

I'm tempted to go but ,fortunately, I have had an uncommon rise in orders for this time of year which means ,unfortunately, I'll be working tonight and tomorrow in order to enjoy Sunday off.

GreenMachine

Have you seen the air outside today???

They need to put a stop to this.

slmoto

Yeah, I just had to close all my windows, starting to smell.

I wish this was a result of Hot Aug. Nights, I would agree shut them down, that would be an easy fix. Unfortunately the fires, which is the real cause, are not as easy of a fix. We've been pretty lucky so far this summer, hopefully we're not headed for the worst of it. Glad we're getting a bit of an escape on tomorrows ride.

slmoto

Did you end up going? I was getting tempted, almost texted you but managed to stick to working which was good, was able to get a lot done.

GreenMachine

From 3 - 4 PM yesterday, I was grounded. Didn't know how long it was going to last. Exhaustion from burns and playing on the Internet caught up to me. So no, I ended up crawling under the covers and sleeping through 'til about 8 O'clock.

Glad nobody went expecting to find me there. Didn't like that I missed out, but I needed the catch-up rest.

slmoto

Don't think you missed out on much. A 1/16th of a mile is pretty weak.