Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

2015 Trackday Thread

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 29, 2015, 08:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Oh you got in last weekend? How was it?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Yeah, some spots opened up and they were able to get us in.

I had a great time, already looking forward to doing more track days. Was kind of nervous the first couple sessions but started learning the track by the end of the second session and was able to pick up the pace on the third and forth session and was feeling really good. Took the last session with an instructor to see where I could improve. Picked up some pointers from the instructor, talked to him after and he suggested I move up to B group next time so I may give B a try or maybe start in C and move to B after a session or two.

Did have one close call where another rider right in front of me clipped the curb on top of the hill at turn 9 and lost it, I almost grabbed the brake in reaction but luckily was able to sit up and slow down enough not to run the rider over as he slid across the track in front of me and luckily didn't go down with him.

Overall had a great time and most importantly left all in one piece, both me and the bike.

dub

RichVee4

Congrats!  T-Hill I presume, full course or east/west?   Glad you had a fun and safe outing.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Thanks. T-hill east. Def was a good time...

dub

The weather looks like it's gonna be awesome. I'm not 100% confirmed yet, but I think I'm gonna go to Thunderhill this weekend. Still space in all groups.

slmoto

Damn, so tempting, I'd love to get back to the track again so soon but I think I'm going to have to stick around town and just do some dirt riding and get some other things done around home and work.

Have fun if you do make it.