Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

2015 Trackday Thread

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 29, 2015, 08:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on July 22, 2015, 08:03:01 AM
I interpret that the same as A B C groups.

That's how I saw it too.

dub

Enter promo code "Friends" and it's only $112.50.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Quote from: dub on July 22, 2015, 09:59:43 AM
Enter promo code "Friends" and it's only $112.50.

:o
And I was thinking $150 was already a great price, even better. Thanks!

Tahoebrian5

Ok, I'm definitely not going to make this day. Not on,y am I still broke from miller, but my ribs are still pretty fd up. I'm thinking about the Zoomzoom day at t hill on August 22/23. It's definitely more money, but given the cost of everything else (gas, tires, lodging, etc), the actual track fee isn't that significant imo. They have a C group, and it is the weekend.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

This thread is so jacked!  You might be able to get more input to an August track day by starting a thread that is reflective of that.  Burying info in one about a June day seems confusing.   :2cents  I'm surprised Dub hasn't chastised you yet for such a minor forum faux-pas.

Ribs:  Oh I know all too well.  But you can't blame me.  Your bikes tend to fall over when ridden, something you don't have labeled on them.  I found that out the hard way.  If you cracked yours like I did mine, it'll be months before they'll start to feel better.  I found that the less I stressed them (by riding & exercise), the quicker they healed.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

No problem, rest up.

I can't make the 22nd/23rd, got some people visiting from our of town, thanks though. Definitely a bonus when the track fee is cheap but i agree fairly insignificant compared to the total cost of everything.

My schedule and funds start getting cramped in sept. as i start ramping up my business for the holiday season so i may end up just waiting until next season. If i come across any days that work before then I'll post up and see if you or anyone is interested.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 31, 2015, 08:09:31 AM
This thread is so jacked!  You might be able to get more input to an August track day by starting a thread that is reflective of that.  Burying info in one about a June day seems confusing.   :2cents  I'm surprised Dub hasn't chastised you yet for such a minor forum faux-pas.

You're right, its just the conversation started from this post and kept going. If i start looking again for a track day I'll start a new post.  :hiding

Plus this post has all the track promoters dub compiled to reference. Good info, maybe that'd make for a good sticky topic for the track section?

Tahoebrian5

How do you start a new thread? I'll message RG500nut to see if he can explain it to me.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

How about I start a blog and called it "whyUguysSuck.com."  Then put all this threadjacked crap in it.  :evil1

You guys are killing me.  :-*
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 31, 2015, 08:09:31 AM
This thread is so jacked!  You might be able to get more input to an August track day by starting a thread that is reflective of that.  Burying info in one about a June day seems confusing.   :2cents  I'm surprised Dub hasn't chastised you yet for such a minor forum faux-pas.

Quote from: slmoto on July 31, 2015, 08:24:32 AMYou're right, its just the conversation started from this post and kept going. If i start looking again for a track day I'll start a new post.  :hiding

Plus this post has all the track promoters dub compiled to reference. Good info, maybe that'd make for a good sticky topic for the track section?

GM, you should just change the title to "2015 Trackdays Thread" and we can keep it a running discussion.

Tahoebrian5

I do like a single thread because everyone gets an email notice when there is a new post. Just sayin

GreenMachine

E-mail!  You guys use them?  I look as those as annoyances and have them filtered and deleted as they come in.

Tahoebrian5

Well, I use them. Otherwise I may go a week or two without checking in.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on July 31, 2015, 07:33:43 AMI'm thinking about the Zoomzoom day at t hill on August 22/23. It's definitely more money, but given the cost of everything else (gas, tires, lodging, etc), the actual track fee isn't that significant imo. They have a C group, and it is the weekend.

Saturday is the Full course and Sunday is the 3 mile (in case you didn't see that). Use promo code "SCR" for $15 off each day.

Tahoebrian5

Would be a lot of fun to run the full course. I'll check back in a bit to see how I'm healing up. You have any track days planned dub?