Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

2015 Trackday Thread

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 29, 2015, 08:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I checked out their site. It's a little confusing but it's good to have another option. Not sure what "point by" means. Dub, what are your track plans in light of recent events? Any ptt days coming up?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Calling Dub! Need info.. There are no track days in any of the providers for the west course that I can find. Do you know if PTT will be picking up any of the precision days that were scheduled?

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 12, 2015, 05:37:40 AM
I checked out their site. It's a little confusing but it's good to have another option. Not sure what "point by" means. Dub, what are your track plans in light of recent events? Any ptt days coming up?

Point by is a car run group. The car in front of of you actually has to point your by before you can pass. Crazy, huh? NCRC just does one moto group, so all skill levels are out on track at the same time. But they ask that no beginners show up. You get less sessions per day, and the wait between going out on track is longer, because there are like 4-5 car groups, but the price reflects this.

I'll be coaching for Keigwins going forward.

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 16, 2015, 12:02:21 PM
Calling Dub! Need info.. There are no track days in any of the providers for the west course that I can find. Do you know if PTT will be picking up any of the precision days that were scheduled?

I think all of Precision's dates were just surrendered back to the track, and anyone who wanted could pick them up. I noticed one of the weekends later in the year was snatched up by Keigwins. If PTT didn't want them, they didn't take them. It's likely they didn't want them, most weren't great dates, which was kind of the problem in the first place.

I don't know of any dates on the West course off the top of my head. I don't think anyone really likes it as much. Precision were really the only ones with regular events there, and that's just cause we couldn't get more 3 mile weekend dates.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

Tahoebrian5

Thanks, I'm still going to be in Utah then or I would be going. Post up again if you come across another day.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 16, 2015, 09:33:25 PM
Thanks, I'm still going to be in Utah then or I would be going. Post up again if you come across another day.

Oh yeah, duh.

dub

Tahoebrian5

That's a great price. I might have to do this one

Tahoebrian5

Triple digits at T hill this weekend. I guess I won't have trouble getting my tires up to operating temps.

slmoto

Quote from: dub on June 22, 2015, 01:57:25 PM
Here's another one. $150 for East Course on a Monday. http://www.eventbrite.com/e/15000-fun-track-dayz-thunderhill-raceway-3-mile-august-3rd-tickets-17436531134

TB, still considering this one? It's on my radar, they have a beginners group and the price is good. Too soon for me to pull the trigger, I need to see what my work schedule is looking like a little further into July but if it's something you're considering I'll keep an eye on the availability.

Tahoebrian5

Sounds good, I'll check back in when it's closer.

slmoto

TB, looks like there is still plenty of room left in all classes. I'm down to go if you're interested.

Early bird special ends on 7/24 then the price goes up from $150 to $180.

Tahoebrian5

Ok, I'll make a decision by end of day tomorrow.

GreenMachine

WTH?  They have three groups and not one of them includes B.  Unless CRUZIN' is considered intermediate, but then it says it includes beginners.  :headscratch  Lumping beginners and intermediates will probably make both sets of riding groups uncomfortable with the other on the track.  You'll never know who you're coming up on or riding with.  Is the other rider going to park it in the corner or brake unnecessarily, not knowing others may be going 50 MPH faster than them and not expecting erratic behavior?  Hopefully group size will be minimal and everyone will have their cushion.

Glad I'm retired from all this.
QuoteEXTREME
Extreme Group - Intended for very experienced track riders and racers. No restrictions are placed on safe inside and outside passes.

ADVANCED
Advanced Group - Intended for experienced track riders and riders who have a a bit of competitive edge. With a 6 foot safety cushion safe passing is allowed on inside /outside, left to right and front to back.

CRUZIN'
Intended for beginner track riders and/or those looking to ride in a NON competitive atmosphere. Inside and outside passing, left to right and front to back passing is permitted with an 8 foot cushion.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I interpret that the same as A B C groups.