Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

T-Hill April-24-25 ?

Started by KKM, March 07, 2015, 05:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

FC if you decide to go down but don't want to ride I have an extra spot in my trailer so could haul your bike.  You could then either ride down with us or drive yourself.  Would enjoy having you along so no worries if you come with us.     
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Oh and the mirrors; tape over the mirrors or remove them.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on March 27, 2015, 07:00:02 AM
FC if you decide to go down but don't want to ride I have an extra spot in my trailer so could haul your bike.  You could then either ride down with us or drive yourself.  Would enjoy having you along so no worries if you come with us.     

There ya go, a much better option than riding the bike down.

GreenMachine

Can you ask for better weather?  73/74 for the high, 50* for the low, 70% humidity in the morning to help keep it feeling warm and 35% humidity in the afternoon.  No wind at all either. 

We'll be needing pictures and video!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

KKM

All signed up for the two days. Anybody else from SSA going ? This is my best guess for the weather from the last two years history. 82* days & 53* nights.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

dub

Cool Kevin, see ya there. Are you bringing the big trailer?

KKM

Wiles,
No trailer, its moteling this time. Two days of fun & games.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

dub

KKM

The Baymont it is. I did ask them if they will have any water for showers. They said there is some left but not much.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

flamecrow

I will be there, going to get my tires mounted sometime early next week. Really grateful for Rich helping trailer my bike.

Picture of how excited and ready I am! :)

edit: I got Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's from Revzilla, they were about $60 cheaper than SPL Reno but since I didn't buy from them, mounting with tires on my bike is going to be $40/each (still a really good deal) compared to $25/each. Dealer wanted $165 just to mount and balance,  >:(

RichVee4

You ride dirt?  Noticed a dirt helmet there.    I use Moto Source on Mill St in town for mounting.  Tell them your SSA and will get a discount.  Last time I paid $26 to mount at tire with wheel off bike.   Lately I have had them order the tire and get free mounting. 

Would be good to get some miles on those before we head down.

I will be leaving Fri around 4 pm to head to Willows.  Not sure if I will eat in Willows yet since I wont get down there until 8 or so. 

GreenMachine

What, no GoPro for either of you?  :flagSSA
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: flamecrow on April 16, 2015, 10:08:59 PMedit: I got Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's from Revzilla, they were about $60 cheaper than SPL Reno but since I didn't buy from them, mounting with tires on my bike is going to be $40/each (still a really good deal) compared to $25/each. Dealer wanted $165 just to mount and balance,  >:(

Tires are a pain in the butt. They are so much cheaper online, but then the shops charge you more to mount them and you don't end up saving that much. Lately, I have started to just buy them from the shops. It supports the local business plus you get the goodwill that comes with buying the tires and having them mounted at the same place. I really dislike the dirty looks you get when you bring in an internet purchase in to a shop to be installed. Back when I worked as a mechanic in a bicycle shop, we would be downright rude to people who bought parts online then came to us for the installation.
Tires are pretty much the only regular service I can't do myself. I have been thinking of investing in a tire machine. Sure would be nice to buy the cheap tires online and mount/balance them in my garage.

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on April 17, 2015, 06:41:20 AM
You ride dirt?  Noticed a dirt helmet there.    I use Moto Source on Mill St in town for mounting.  Tell them your SSA and will get a discount.  Last time I paid $26 to mount at tire with wheel off bike.   Lately I have had them order the tire and get free mounting.

Does MotoSource do free mounting if you buy the tire there? I thought I had called them to ask and they told me they still charged to mount?  

Quote from: RichVee4 on April 17, 2015, 06:41:20 AMWould be good to get some miles on those before we head down.

Why? Nothing wrong with riding fresh tires on the track. I will put on a fresh tire to go race with the sticker still on it.

Quote from: RichVee4 on April 17, 2015, 06:41:20 AMI will be leaving Fri around 4 pm to head to Willows.  Not sure if I will eat in Willows yet since I wont get down there until 8 or so.  

Come to Casa Ramos. There is a Precision family & friends meet and greet on Friday night. https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionTrackdays/posts/1006772372681435

RichVee4

Jerry at MotoSource can get almost any tire next day or maybe two and mounting is included with purchase.   I agree, the price is not much more to buy local and it supports local businesses.

Now I want to leave earlier on Friday so I can have dinner at Casa Ramos.  Thanks for the heads up.  When is everyone planning to get down there?