Main Menu

Fernley track Sat 1/10

Started by RichVee4, January 06, 2015, 05:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

We sure know how to have a good time?  I suppose that's why you see more younger people riding than older. I was pretty sore this morning too, but I feel better after reading your post.   I was surprised you were able to type this morning with how your hands faired yesterday.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Thanks guys for yesterday, I had a great time as well, as usual.

Luckily my falls yesterday were pretty minor so I'm doing pretty well in the soreness department. Slight soreness in my shoulders from trying to hang on through the whoops but other than that I'm in pretty good shape.

A little soreness is good for us, just glad everyone left with no real injuries.

RichVee4

Thought I would look at some pics of people that know what their doing.   This takes serious commitment you don't loose traction on the front tire.  Guess you wouldn't have far to fall, handle bar is already on the ground.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

The pic reminds me of a one that Cycle World posted, where one of their riders was leaned over in a radical slide.  At first the way they captioned the story was to pump up the extreme skill level required for such a feat.  Then at the bottom they showed the subsequent pictures to the first.  The rider was crashing, but up to the point of crashing was an amazing money-shot.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

That move also probably requires certain dirt conditions that were nowhere near that where we were riding.

GreenMachine

My fingers are not weak or sore at all, surprisingly.  If I had to guess why my left hand took more of a beating than the right, it would be from the fact that the right was always mostly fixed in one shape around the handlebar grip.  My left wasn't, for sure.  It was half open, raking the clutch lever, going into and out of corners, those bumpy corners and straights.  The clutch may not have been necessary given how soft the soil was, but I'm a don't-stress-the-machine clutch person.

Fascinating stuff yesterday.  I was completely amazed by how out of shape the back tire could get under power and still be brought back under control.  How dragging the rear tire through downshifts into corners made steering more predictable upon entry and acted to slow the bike.  Squirt the rear at the exit of corners instead of in them.  Pull back on the handlebars going over jumps in proportion to how much the rear will try to tip the nose forward at the jump's lip.  And fear less; our bikes are a lot more capable than what we're asking of them.   :D
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I'm a little surprised SL wasn't chomping at the bit to ride this weekend.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 18, 2015, 09:42:02 AM
I'm a little surprised SL wasn't chomping at the bit to ride this weekend.

Trust me I really want to get out there. I'm trying to refrain because I've got to build a new website for my business by Feb. 1 as the current platform I'm on is shutting down. Kind of glad no one else posted a ride. I was able to keep myself from proposing a ride but if something popped up I probably wouldn't have been able to resist.

I will be doing a little run up VC later with a friend. It'll be a good break and a chance to get at little seat time in. Hopefully if I can make enough progress on the website before I go I'll be changing my rear spring on the GSXR this evening, looking forward to getting the new springs in and seeing what a difference, if any, it makes.

GreenMachine

Building a new Web site from scratch?  Must be your own demand for doing so.  The Web site as it exists can be copied and pasted to a new host.  I can show you how to do that, if you don't already. 

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 18, 2015, 10:14:49 AM
Building a new Web site from scratch?  Must be your own demand for doing so.  The Web site as it exists can be copied and pasted to a new host.  I can show you how to do that, if you don't already. 

Thanks, but I use an ecommerce platform so it's not really building from scratch. The base structure of the site is already there, it's really mostly a bunch of busy work, creating listings, transferring images, descriptions... to work for the new platform and making sure to get all the links redirected... Luckily I don't have a lot of product listings so it's not all that bad I just need to make sure to get it done by the end of the month and I'm really good at procrastinating.