Main Menu

Fernley track Sat 1/10

Started by RichVee4, January 06, 2015, 05:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Heading out to Fernley to play around on the track for a couple hours Sat.  Thinking about leaving Reno around 10am. 

My son, Greg, is coming and we plan to trade off riding around the track.   There is a challenging course and more entry level course if you want to come along and check it out.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

I'm down to got to the track, it'd be good to get some more practice in.

Temp forecasts are looking good, maybe even a little on the warm side considering last weekend was nearly 10 degrees lower and I was still breaking a sweat.

GreenMachine

Thanks for the invite Rich.  I'll see if this works, but I won't have an idea until later in the week.  I have some work from Friday that may spill over until Saturday.  None of my gear has arrived yet and I'd like to use that stuff so I can look fashionable like you two.   ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Looking fashionable is key, makes you so much faster. Kind of like the +5hp stickers but for the rider.

If you want to look fashionable like us you'll have to borrow Rich's bike once your new gear arrives and get a melted pant leg so you can fit in. ;D

RichVee4

SL, as warm as its going to be Sat, you'll be happy you have that hole in your pants!   

GM,  you would like this track better than the other track we went to at Prosser.  Fernley is a softer surface, more packed sand, not hard dirt like Prosser and more room to ride around.   Where did you order your gear from anyway? Didn't you order it a few weeks ago?

GreenMachine

Some stuff arrived tonight and it says more to arrive by Friday.  I should be able to get by with what I have now, but I still need to change the fluids in the bike and I have a full schedule all the way into Friday night.  It'll be close.  Hope I can make it, b/c I could use the seat time and riding with you two would be good for boosting my skills.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

SL, I can stop by about 10 on our way out of town and pick you up, if that works for you.   GM, If you are able to join we can meet at SL's place or the track.   I can give you some directions if you don't follow us out.   We might even be able to fit all three bikes in the trailer if interested.

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on January 08, 2015, 07:28:58 AM
SL, I can stop by about 10 on our way out of town and pick you up, if that works for you.   GM, If you are able to join we can meet at SL's place or the track.   I can give you some directions if you don't follow us out.   We might even be able to fit all three bikes in the trailer if interested.

Sounds good to me.

GreenMachine

Fluids changed and loaded up for tomorrow.  Just need to determine what to wear.

Someone PM me SL's place so I can head out with you guys in the morning.

GreenMachine

RichVee4

All three of us riding at once, that's a first!  This will be fun.   Greg is out, he and a friend hiked Mt Rose yesterday and is very sore.

GreenMachine

I had SkydiverDCM coming all the way up until I told him that SL & Rich would be there too.  Must have been the pressure, but he buckled and backed out.  j/k  He's riding on Sunday and has a funeral to attend today.

I might drive separately depending.  Probably really.  I need to be back to Reno early this evening to take care of the Friday evening work I pushed back to do the bike prep.  Boy, did she need it too!  I thought these things were self maintaining!  That's the way TB5 made it sound anyway.   >:(

Tried on all the new gear I have up to this point.  Hopeful.  I'm thinking I'll be overdressed for soft sand riding.  But better to peel off than not.  Still need a similar type durable jersey and hip protection.  Those are still on their way.

Looking forward to riding a new track.  C U guys soon!

RichVee4

Rode to much to take many pics but here's proof all three of our bikes were there at least.   We were the first ones out this morning then a couple other people came and went during the day, but never got busy.  Temp was great, and track was dry this time so lots of loose sand in the corners.     Had a great time and got a good workout today. 

GreenMachine

I must have been trying to dry out.  What a pose.  Not!

My day got better shortly after getting home.  I was washing my truck and my hand slipped as I was dismounting out of the bed.  Fortunately, it was only my pinky finger that got slashed, but did it ever.  So along with all the trauma to my left hand from riding today, my right hand is a little messed up too.

Getting out of bed tomorrow morning should be a real joy.

But getting back to the riding today, I want to thank you again for the invite.  I really enjoyed riding with you and SL today.  SL is too fast for his own good, I think. There's no earthly reason he should be riding as confidently as he does, so early in his riding experience.  And watching you slide the back end through some of curved straights was cool to watch.  It made me want to push that much harder.  Nobody got too badly injured, speaking of myself and I certainly felt like I learned a ton today.

Great company.  Fun riding.  Nothing broken.  And I got to treat myself with a beer and pizza afterwards.  Can't ask for more than that!

GreenMachine

Can't see much swelling on my foot this AM.  Was figuring there'd be some black n blue.  Probably just got crushed or jammed a little too much when I body slammed the low-side.  Helmet has been christened.   :(

Feels like being alive.  Sore all over, limping, being a baby and groaning as I move. Even lost 5 lbs of water weight.  If the previous owner had given me better hand grips, I'd be wanting to ride again today.