Main Menu

Moonrocks 12/21

Started by Tahoebrian5, December 17, 2014, 06:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Temps up to 56! Who's in? I'm slightly injured from riding the trials bike so I will keep the "he's trying to kill us" terrain to a minimum.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Finally, an honest assessment.

I got end of year chores to do, being this close to Xmas and all.  Would love to go, but I played hooky too much this summer as it was.

January.   :|)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Your priorities are questionable

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on December 17, 2014, 08:30:44 AM
I got end of year chores to do, being this close to Xmas and all.  Would love to go, but I played hooky too much this summer as it was.

Night time is a great time for chores since it's too dark and cold to ride then!

I'm pushing hard to be ale to make it, I'll post up tomorrow if I can go or not.

GreenMachine

I have a company Xmas party to attend the night before as well, which would make gearing up on Sunday a race, whether it's in the wee hours of the AM or last minute.

Besides, I had pretty much settled it in my mind that the remainder of December was scrubbed by everybody.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

I have work obligations this weekend so cant commit to a ride.   Have fun!
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

I'm in if anyone is still up for this ride.

Tahoebrian5

Im planning to go for sure

slmoto

Do you have a time and meeting place in mind?

Tahoebrian5

Dang, expected temps just dropped to a high of 44! I better finish getting my heated grips installed. You still want to go ? If so probably leave here at 11:30 to get the "heat" of the day. I'm pretty close to Starbucks. If it's just the two of us you can throw your bike in my truck if you want to carpool

Tahoebrian5

K, note to self... Don't post pre coffee. My weather was set to truckee. Temps look just fine.

slmoto

I was just about to post that I'd rather be cold and riding a dirt bike than warm and sitting at home. But, if temps are up even better.

11:30 at Starbucks works for me. Just to confirm, which Starbucks, the one on S. McCarran that we meet at for the street bikes?

Tahoebrian5

That's the one, let's do 10:45 since it's not as cold as I thought. Ok?

slmoto

Sounds good, I'll see you there at 10:45.

Tahoebrian5

Thanks SL, was a great day. Conditions were near perfect although a bit windy. You are riding very well for only ten times out.