Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Thanksgiving Track Days

Started by rg500nut, November 17, 2014, 11:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg500nut

Z2 is holding 2 track days Saturday & Sunday Thanksgiving weekend @ Thunderhill.  Should be much cooler than Labor Day, ugh!!,

I am going down Friday eve to ride Saturday.  Anyone interested? May have spot in my van for one bike..........
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

I'm in agreement with you RG, this is a much better time to ride.  Cooler outside, still decently warm enough in the Central Valley, making for better endurance, probably half the people and 1/4th the squids with a chip on their shoulder.  Probably a really great time.

I think in April when we were there it was 84 degrees and when combined with the humidity of that region I was in my hot weather gear by the 2nd or 3rd session and taking the full 40 minutes of off time to dry out.  At ~64 degrees for the high, you'll probably still break a sweat, but cool off much easier and be able to carry your strength through to the last session when nobody is out riding.

If Rich & Monica wanted to do their first full track day, I'd encourage them to jump on this.

Me? I've had my fun.  I'm retired.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Gm you can't retire yet from track days because I have not done my first yet

GreenMachine

My lines aren't the ones U want, ask Dub. Besides, I doubt I could top April's fun at Thrill. I'll be happy to show U around on the street or dirt, where we can ride slow and safer.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

I really need to do some suspension upgrades to the VFR before a track day will be beneficial and that way I can get some help dialing it in properly.  That's my winter project.    

Also, looking for some used leathers if anyone has a Lg ~42" they no longer need.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Rich,

Check out Motorcycle Closesouts.  They have an AXO 42" and several other sizes and colors and makes and models.  Here's a brand new one for $399.

It's my belief that I can move more freely and with greater comfort when my suit doesn't fit me tight.  There will be some break-in, but not much.  I stopped using some other pants.  They were the size recommended for my waist & length, but they were so tight when I'd try to get a leg out, I just replaced them with looser fitting ones where I could.  It's distracting.  Fortunately, the Joe Rocket's I have are two-piece, so I'm able to purchase jackets and pants as needed and the zipper always matches to seam them together.

RichVee4

Thanks for the lead, that is a good deal.  My pants have a full zip so will look into matching jacket too.   For everyday riding l like the idea of a two piece set up.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

How did it go RG?  It seemed like the weather may have closed in on your trackday date.  Hope not.

dub

I'm pretty sure it rained at thill on Sat.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019