Main Menu

Tour O' Cali. 2000 mile 3-day ride

Started by GreenMachine, November 11, 2014, 04:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

j/k   :P

Just seein' who's paying attention.  Of course there's no ride this weekend.  It's supposed to be cold with rain showers. 

:rainday

:evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Weekend is only two days, 3 day ride wouldn't fit. Lets do it in two! ;D

:justkidding

GreenMachine

2 days?  I best get started catching up on my rest and see about refueling on the fly.  That limitation will require we go nonstop.

But I'm ready if you are.  Getting excited already, in fact.
:respect
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Got a group of friends coming on this one.  They're opting for the 4-day 4,000 mile twin loop of California.  One group is going clockwise, the other counter-clockwise.

288RR

Let's go!  Time to put a spare fuel tank on the bike

RichVee4

LOL.   Its never too early to start thinking about next year.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

What an excellent ride!   Warm weather all three days.  Hung out in Santa Monica and San Diego for a day each before continuing onward, then did a lap on hwy 1 in the Monterey area.  Rested for a bit in Fortuna last night until the strip clubs kicked us out, before doing the remaining distance clockwise around Cali's northern and eastern boarders this morning.  Phew, am I beat!  A bit chilly too, but it was so worth it.  Sorry, no pics.  No time.

And to think, we did this on our bicycles.