Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

1992 zx7 parts needed

Started by RBRDUC, November 01, 2014, 06:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBRDUC

I just picked up a zx7 J2 to rebuild and I am in need of a FORK-SHIFT,OUTPUT,5TH 13140-1201. I have been to bike bandit, Kawasaki parts warehouse and Babbits and they are no longer available. On Ebay every other zx7 I can get but wont work for 1992. Anyone have any ideas? ??? ??? ???
02 Ducati 748s
92 zx7

GreenMachine

Do a lot of searching on Google Shopping and eBay for what you're looking for.  What model is the 1992, as in A, B, C, etc?  If it's like most bikes there are at least a couple years where the same motor/transmission was used.  That could help you broaden the possibilities for what you're looking for.  So if it's a C model, for instance, and the C model was made in years 1990 - 1992, then that gives you three years worth of motors as possibilities.

You might have to end up buying a bottom-end or the entire transmission to get the one part you need, but it should still be out there somewhere.  Patience helps too.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RBRDUC

Hey I got a great idea you have that extra 9 just sitting there lemme have the engine and ecu you can have this on. lol ;D
02 Ducati 748s
92 zx7

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.