Main Menu

British Road Race Tracks

Started by Mel, October 29, 2014, 07:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Here's a cool video at Cadwell Park in the UK! The brit tracks make our road race tracks look so boring :)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=33r-GQ23s2s

dub

In order to jump the mountain, you have to carry as much speed as you can through the chicane and get a great drive out of 11. Pretty much it's just the superbikes that do it. Josh Brookes is the lad they kept showing in the Tyco Suzuki livery; he loooves the mountain and makes a great show of it. He gets some of the most airtime of anyone, as you saw in the video. However, the jumping wasn't as spectacular at this year's round. Then Josh Brookes said in an interview that some ripple bumps had formed in 11 and that were preventing the guys from getting the drive they needed to hit the mountain at speed. Disappointing to say the least.

I've heard they blag flag you for jumping the mountain at a trackday. :/
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

Here's another video with Mike Hailwood at Mallory Park in 1978. He had just won the Isle of Mann TT at 38 years old after coming back from an 11 year layoff 8)!! He definitely earned his title of "Mike the Bike" ;)! Most of you guys on here are too young to really know who Hailwood is, but he was one of my heroes when I was a kid just starting on bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0LnNP7mw7XY

GreenMachine

Mel, that's a crazy video.  They were talking about having to redline the motors.  Just insane for a race bike.

:D

Look at those tiny front disc rotors!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

It's all relevant GM, 36 years from now folks will be saying look at those itty bitty disc brakes they had back in 2014 and those skinny ass tires ;)! Those guys back in the day had to actually know how to race a motorcycle without any electronics doing most of the work for them 8)!

Mel

GreenMachine

So 2050, as in the future?  I think that oil production, which is already past its peak and an outdated dirty unnatural unsustainable fuel source, combined with unabated human breeding, expected to reach at least 10B by then, will make the shape of future motorcycles far different.  We're probably looking at even small bikes, probably electric powered and smaller discs again.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.