Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Long shot

Started by feenickz, October 11, 2014, 11:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feenickz

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know anywhere in town I can get brake pads for the ninja TOMORROW. I just noticed mine need changed, and I want to ride at least one more time this season.

GreenMachine

Doubtful.  Most MC shops will be closed tomorrow and what you're looking for is specific to your make/model and would have to be in stock.  You'd have a better chance trying in Sacramento or tossing a penny into a wishing well that someone on here could loan you a new/used set that would fit your bike exactly.

If the pads are still above their wear grooves, like mine were this summer, you can get several more thousand miles out of them before you get metal to metal contact.  They wear so slowly, you'll probably be okay to ride and order what you need from Rich/Jerry over at Moto Source.  Ask for the SSA discount when you do. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

feenickz

I think I may have solved my problem. If that doesn't work, my work should carry the pads I need.

GreenMachine

:reporter  Your work may have pads?  I hope you're talking about bike pads and not the ones from the women's bathroom.  :P
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.