Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Rossi Ranch

Started by Mel, October 03, 2014, 10:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Here's the latest video from Rossi's Ranch. This guy loves to have fun and learned long ago that dirt track skills are almost a necessity for road racing at the MotoGP level 8)! Even Marquez is an outstanding dirttracker ;)! For you younger or newer guys, this all started back in Kenny Robert's day when he won the 500 GP championship in his rookie year on tracks he had never seen before and followed it up by winning the 500 GP championship 3 years straight. He had a dirttrack on his ranch that many European road racers would come over to the US and practice on in the off season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5aQyJCVvztI

Mel

GreenMachine

YT video:

Watch, Guy Martin wins the 2015 Seniors IoM TT.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Holy shit, Guy Martin won the Senior TT at IoM  ;D? I haven't been keeping up on all the racing, but that is so cool he pulled off the win 8)! That dirt track experience paid off :)!

Mel

slmoto

I've been watching a few of Guy Martin's shows, entertaining enough when I'm just relaxing with nothing else to do. You all that have been in the moto world for much longer than myself and may have already been well aware but just in case for those who aren't, search youtube for the following and you'll find some full length episodes:
the boat that guy built
speed with guy martin

GreenMachine

Two things, there's an apostrophe in there, so that changes how you should read it and then there's the whole 2015 thing.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

I've seen those videos sl and I really got a kick out of the skinny boat one :)!

Mel