Main Menu

Roll Call: Labor Day Thunderhill Full Course w/ Precision

Started by dub, August 12, 2014, 09:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: rg500nut on August 22, 2014, 09:29:22 AM
I will be there in my white Sprinter van........
Uh-oh, better bring your ear plugs.  RG's goin' on 'cation!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

flamecrow

Alright. Craig, Leo, and I are coming! But we haven't figured out how we're going to get there yet.

I had forgotten I need to be at a family reunion on August 31st in Sacramento at 11am. I might be riding from there up to Willows that evening (I guess I won't be drinking!). Ugh, looks like I'm gonna be lugging all my clothes and crap on a bike..doesn't sound like fun!

I'm not sure about Craig and Leo, they might be trailering their bike from Reno to Willows Sunday too, otherwise they will ride. I'll meet up with them  this Sunday and figure out what our plans are but I'm excited to try the track and improve my riding skills! :) And to meet the rest of the legendary SSA members =P

RichVee4

Tim, if you Craig or Leo want me to take anything down just send me a PM and let me know.  I live pretty close to I80 in NW Reno.   We are planning to pull out about 2pm Sunday and will get to Willows around 6pm.
Live long and prosper \V/

rg500nut

Rich,

Send me your cell #, rg500nut@gmail.com

My friend, Paul is coming also and we want to join everyone for dinner,

Tom
2 strokes always...............

RichVee4

Tom,  Sent you an email with my cell #, be sure to reply with your cell # also.    I will see you and Paul down there Sunday night for dinner.

If anyone else wants to meet Sunday for dinner at Casa Ramos in Willow's let me know and I will reserve a table.   I am planning to get there at 6:30.

Address:  247 Humboldt Ave, Willows

RichVee4

Never heard back from Precision about bike prep requirements for Try the Track.  Its not that much work to do the track prep so will do some of the prep Sunday.  Anyone hear back differently?   

flamecrow

I got this reply:
Hello Tim,

Try the track starts with the normal track day with the gates opening up at 7am and registration opening at about 7:15-20. There will be a tech inspection for T3 but nothing special needs to be done to your bikes. We will go over the items that would need to be taken care of for a normal track day.  I would suggest bringing water and a cooler. There will be lots of seat time out on the range. When you got to the track, we will have the red Precision across from the covered parking, adjacent to the main building. We look forward to seeing you!

Thank you,
Ethan Nutter

Precision Trackdays

RichVee4

Thanks flamecrow.. See you down there.  Are Craig and Leo still going?  Weather looking HOT for Monday, forecast high of 97 in Willows.   Glad we are starting early in the morning. 

flamecrow

dub

I got to willows from sonoma too late to catch you guys for dinner. I'll see ya in the morning. I'm pitted under the first canopy, near spl. My trailer has balloons on it.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

flamecrow

I really want to do a normal track day now...C-Class all the way

RichVee4

Enjoyed the introductory track program and was impressed with the Precision staff.  We had 6 hrs training covering track layout, rules and intermediate skills.   SSA made a good showing in the T3 group 6 total.  Mrs Sprint was sporting number 1 on her bike :)  Everyone looked good out there, but think everyone was worn out in the end..  Temps were manageable in the morning but after lunch really got hot.    

Nice to finally meet dub and saw Tom a couple times..  

Getting my list together for the next track day!  

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Good to meet you and family too, Rich.
Sorry I didn't seem overly friendly and spend more time hanging out with you guys. I was pretty beat after the Sonoma race weekend, and we were really short staffed on instructors on the track So I rode 40 (or more) minutes of every hour until 3:40 when I couldn't stand it anymore and slowly packed up.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

J.C. dub!!!  And you rode all that time in the heat too?  Packing up at the peak heat of the day must have been pure joy. 

If nothing else, it certainly could help with any 24-hours of LeMans endurance training, but stressing your body cocooned in heat retaining gear for that long without adequate recovery sounds like it could have been dangerous for your health. 

Are you about 15 lbs lighter than before the 3-day weekend?