Main Menu

Roll Call: Labor Day Thunderhill Full Course w/ Precision

Started by dub, August 12, 2014, 09:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Who's coming out to ride the full 5 mile Thunderhill course on Labor Day (sept 1) with Precision Trackdays?

I'm in.

From the FB event page:

Quote from: PrecisionJoin us on Labor Day. One of our biggest events of the year! Bring your friends and family for a great day of fun at the track with Precision Trackdays!

Experience the awesome sweeping corners of Thunderhill east, the tricky cyclone, exciting track connectors and fun new technical sections of Thunderhill West. As always, we have track maps available at registration.

LABOR DAY! - FULL 5 MILE TRACK!!!

Advanced Pricing:
$207/day(ends Aug 18th)
Regular price:
$230/day

T3 (Try The Track)
A special 6 hour course designed to help newer riders hone their street skills and prepare for their first time on the track. The curriculum specifically designed to bridge riders from the standard MSF course training to proven track techniques for safety and control with an option to go faster in the correct environment.

Only $50 for T3! Sign up now as space is limited!

Full services with camping and paddock power.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Attractive!  Hopefully RR75 and others will see this and want to get in more track time.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

The full 5 mile course is cool. The connectors to/from old track to new both have really fun blind crests.

RichVee4

I will be there 9/1 for Precisions Try the track program.  I signed up myself, wife and son (he doesn't know yet, will be a birthday surprise for him)  We are trailering the bikes down Sunday evening and will stay in Willows.

Would like to meet you and hang out with you some.   I will PM you my number   

Looking forward to it!

Live long and prosper \V/

RedLeader

Glad to hear you will be out there. It will be lots of fun. Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

cobra23

dub

rg500nut

I am in, have confirmation and will stay @ Holiday Inn Express with Rich & family.  Have one other possible attendee...........
2 strokes always...............

flamecrow

I am considering coming. If I do, Craig will most likely come too if he doesn't work that day. Leo is interested as well. We will also head there Sunday.

We might be renting a truck or something to put our bikes in but one of us might have to ride. New to all of this stuff so, hopefully we know how to tie our bikes down. Do we need to buy tape for bike prep? We want to do the try the track for $50.

GreenMachine

PM RedLeader, he may be the most familiar with 'Try the Track' requirements.

Generally speaking, glass parts must be covered by tape to prevent them from disbursing in a crash and presenting a safety hazard for everyone else.  Mirrors should be removed.  And if you have any known glass parts or any parts you don't need while on the track (carrying the bike tool kit), you might as well take them off too.   Probably also a good idea to pull your headlight, brake light fuses, & turn signal fuses.   General tire tread rule is 1/2 life minimum remaining.  Any less and your bike might fail the morning track inspection.  No fluid leaks also.

If you can do that, I doubt you'll have any hidden surprises on the big day.

RR75 getting his fix earlier this year.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Oh man, look how green the grass is! I start to forget it looks like that when everything in sight is brown in the summer. I love Thill in spring.

Quote from: flamecrow on August 20, 2014, 01:29:38 PM
I am considering coming. If I do, Craig will most likely come too if he doesn't work that day. Leo is interested as well. We will also head there Sunday.

We might be renting a truck or something to put our bikes in but one of us might have to ride. New to all of this stuff so, hopefully we know how to tie our bikes down. Do we need to buy tape for bike prep? We want to do the try the track for $50.

There is no bike prep at all, as far as I know, for Try The Track. Email your questions to RideWithPrecision@gmail.com.

Super excited to see so many SSAers will be there!

RichVee4

The group is growing fast!!  Tim, that would be great if you went and maybe bring Craig and Leo too.

A couple questions for the veterans
- Any good dinner options in Willows?  Would be fun to have dinner and beers together
- Is food available at the track or do we need to bring lunch?
-What should we bring, chairs, ezup, lots of water?
-How to we meet each other?  I know some of the people going but haven't meet everyone.  Look for NV plates :)

dub

-Eat at Casa Ramos. It's just south of 162 in town, next to the Baymont, walking distance form Holiday Inn. I'm definitely in for dinner there on Sunday night. I'll be coming directly up from Sonoma, not sure what time I'll get there. I guess it depends on when racing gets done.
-Food is available from the Thunderhill Grill at the track.
-You don't need much for just one trackday, IMO. Chairs, water, snacks. There are large metal canopies in the paddock for shade.
-Look for my trailer. It has hot air balloons on it. And I have your #.

RichVee4

Quote from: dub on August 20, 2014, 08:19:32 PM
-Eat at Casa Ramos.

Sounds good.  We can do a head count a few days before and I will make reservations.

I will be driving a white Ford Expedition towing a white enclosed trailer.  Tim, I will be full this trip, can only hold 3 bikes, otherwise would help you guys out.

rg500nut

2 strokes always...............