Main Menu

Running from the Law, just DONT !

Started by cobra23, July 31, 2014, 12:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Fallon.  Fernley.  What's the difference!  :-\  I was saying Fernley when I meant Winnemucca at work the other day. 

I may still be tired from the Fort Bragg ride.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

cobra23

RenoRider75

Sucks to hear stories like that.   :'(

I just got a ticket on South Meadows Pkwy.  43 in a 35.  I was moving with the flow of traffic, with 3 cars ahead of me and 2 behind.  Another car was passing on my left at 45-50 at the time he tagged me.  He claimed he tagged me at over 50, but there's no way that was the case since I was just cruising along with the traffic enjoying the scenery.

He wanted me to admit to a higher speed, and wrote me a ticket anyway.  The note on the ticket says the clocked speed was 43, observed speed was 50.  I'm taking it to the DA to fight it, and will take it to court if I have to.  He just wanted to write a ticket and there was no getting out of it..

You win some, you lose some.

GreenMachine

Good luck RR75!  I've been there several times.  Lost every time, in one way or another.  But going to court was a learning experience.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

flamecrow

ah that's crap, 43 on south meadows is nearly normal flow for that road...sorry to hear you got dinged