Main Menu

Carson Tahoe Moto - Aug 21-24

Started by NevadaWolf, July 29, 2014, 03:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NevadaWolf

Is anyone here planning on attending this event at CVI? I'm going and was curious if I would meet some folks from here.

http://carsontahoemoto.com/

I've also signed up for the Streetmasters course on Friday. Really looking forward to learning new techniques and having someone give me pointers to improve my riding.

GreenMachine

Sounds like a great way to meet people who don't regularly ride on Sundays with the SSA.  But other than that, I'm not sure what else would interest me about doing a four day ride around the Carson Valley.   :-[  It looks like they go off-roading a bit too based on their sites' pictures.  Maybe if it was a tour Portland's great roads or something more exotic, my curiosity would peak.

And I hope they have more than three people show up.  It could be fun, but it's not for me.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I think this event is aimed more towards out of towners who would ride in for it. That's usually what a "rally" is. I know I certainly don't need to pay $200 for someone to show me some good roads around my backyard. Although it would be fun to go on some of the back country dirt rides. That's something I'm looking forward to exploring more in the future.

Coincidentally, my neighbor, Carl Ribaudo, is co-owner of Adventure Motorcycle Rendezvous LLC which is the firm that puts on this event.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Always nice to know about local events, you never know who may be interested.   Have a fun time!
Live long and prosper \V/

NevadaWolf

I posted a ride report over on Ninjette if interested: https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190693

I had a great time hanging out with other riders, both local and visitor. Yeah, I knew all the loops except one that they highlighted either from going on my bike or truck. But I did find the talks interesting and informative. Plus the street course helped me focus in on a better riding technique and I can see it already helping me improve my cornering.

When the organizers issued a challenge of taking a picture at the summit signs of the five highest passes, that was just too tempting to ignore. Course I had to do it in one night to make it more of a challenge. I do like the little pin I got from it.

Sure it was mostly for out of towners to desmonstrate how awesome the riding here is, but even though, I had fun during four solid days of riding.

dub

SPOTTED

On Friday a little before 10am I was waiting to turn left from Kimmerling to 88 and a big, eclectic group of riders went by. I'm pretty sure it was you at the end. I followed until you guys turned left towards Markleeville. I was wondering what large group you were riding with on a Friday morning, then I remembered about this event.

NevadaWolf

Hahaha, right on! I saw the rider waiting to turn then kept an eye out on you as I normally do when other riders get around me. Nice to "meet" you. :)

Half the time I was ready to wave ya by since you were stuck behind me, but then remembered the huge group ahead of me and figured you wouldn't want to play hopscotch through us. I was glad when we turned and you didn't so you wouldn't remain stuck.

Big clue it is me as I've seen other green Ninjas around. I'm the one wearing a gawd awful orange vest and backpack. Clash central, but hopefully helping folks see me.

dub

Yeah I was waiting to see if you were going left or straight in Woodfords. If straight I would have just past the whole lot of you in the passing lane right up around the corner.