Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

5 Mile Thill course

Started by RedLeader, July 22, 2014, 06:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedLeader

Precision is doing the full 5 mile course on August 4th. From all of the video I've seen, it should be pretty epic. Anyone planning on going?

http://precisiontrackdays.com/Event-Schedule.php
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

RichVee4

I was looking for an introductory track day and Precision offers one on Sept 1 at T-Hill.  Signed the Mrs and myself up!!!

New to the track thing so wasn't sure who to contact locally.  Thanks for the post
Live long and prosper \V/

RedLeader

RichVee4: The Try the Track program is pretty awesome. Its basically an introductory program you get you ready to ride on the track. There isnt much actual on track riding, but several of out top instructors go through the basic skills you need to ride and feel comfortable on the track. Its really useful for someone who may have not ridden on the track before and maybe apprehensive.
If you have questions about anything, need help getting bikes ready, getting bikes there or anything else you can think of feel free to contact myself (Morgan) or Wiles (Dub on this forum). We are always more than happy to help out however we can.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

GreenMachine

Do I see lower handlebars in R's or M's future?   :evil1

Rich, yes absolutely hit up Redleader or Dub for all the info you think you'll need before you go.  From what I've seen of your riding progress, just in the last year, you're going to come back with a serious grin affixed to your face.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Redleader - I am pretty jazzed to go down and get some formal instruction.   I like the format Precision offers and am eyeing class C in the future.

Thanks for your offer to answer questions/help.  May bounce a few questions off you as we get closer.
Live long and prosper \V/