Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Open track day at Reno Fernley

Started by cobra23, June 24, 2014, 11:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

I don't know the exact details, but I do know that on Sunday the 29th of June there will be open laps at RFR.

Got a call from Coleen today asking If I could spread the word.

30 minutes sessions for bikes, and 30 minute sessions for cars, the will split the track time between cars and bikes, like the "Test and Tune" days of a few years ago.

I will be out there at 7:30am Sunday morning.

Here is the scoop:
Fernley95ASpeedway (formerly Reno Fernley Raceway ) will be hosting an Open Lap Trackday for Carsand Motorcycle track enthusiasts on Sunday, June 29, 2014. I/We
would love to see everyone who can make it or just stop in and say Hi. You may contact me , Colleen Jacobson (turn 21) 775-315-3447, Danny Lunsford 775-771-7841, or Jaime Popp 775-240-8016 for more information and future scheduled dates.
— feeling happy

GreenMachine

They should update their Web page then too with a single line to show the event on the schedule.  Kind of gives mixed signals when they say come on out and the Web site has no information confirming the same.  I'm weird like that.

I won't be going that day, but I bet with such short notice, anyone who does go will have the whole track to themselves or it'll feel that way.  That's how I like it.   

:CoU
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

$175/day

The Trackdays sub-forum would have been an appropriate place for this thread.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Better still.  Now it's under both forum sections.  Only $175/day?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

GreenMachine

That figures.  I always just completely ignore anything related to Fb in my Google search results and anywhere else for that matter.  If I can't see those pages, why bother, right? 

Still, how much more effort would it take to put in a single line on the Web site for those of us who still use the WWW on the Internet?  Or better still, if they're not going to update their WWW site, just do away with everything in it and just have the home page redirect to the Fb page.  Problem solved.

Me thinking out loud.   :angel

RocketRider

175 for half the riding time on a beat up track? :/
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

30 minute sessions is actually much more riding time than normal.

GreenMachine

Colleen was at PJ's last night and was hitting people up, doing her best to get the word out about this weekend's event.  I informed her that the WWW side was neglected.  She said she was going to see about adding the line item to the annual scheduled events.

Sounds like there's going to be a light turnout.  Could be good for anyone seeking a speed fix where there may be little crowds.

BC-2

I wanted to go out today and check out the track but couldn't make it.  Maybe next time.

BC-2

dub

cobra23

Ok this is old news now but this is how it went:

I showed up, and one car showed up. The day was cancelled.

The End.

I could not be more disappointed. For many years or/well up until I moved to Fernley 7 years ago, if I wanted to get to a track, it was 150 mile drive east to Spokane, or west to Seattle. Then I moved to Ferntucky, 5 miles from a road course. The good news is Thunderhill is not too far, and I will be there Labor Day. Thunderhill was 600 miles from where I lived in Washington, so living in the ferntucky has indeed shortened the Thunderhill commute.

Road course is now done I guess. I am supposed to call Colleen to get the full story.

This is all I know.

dub

Quote from: cobra23 on August 19, 2014, 11:48:48 PM
Ok this is old news now but this is how it went:

I showed up, and one car showed up. The day was cancelled.

The End.

Not old news to me. Thanks for the update.