Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Bike Night at PJ & Co

Started by GreenMachine, May 28, 2014, 11:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

It was a good ride,  I should have worn my leathers tonight.   But going up almost no cars and coming down wasnt bad either

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on September 10, 2014, 07:52:03 PM
After a nice home made top shelf margarita the ride was out of the question!  Hope you guys had fun.
PJ's had some big deal with KTM and doing pictures with hot women near your bike for charity, but it all started after dark and we had plans already.

The four of us made our way out the back.  Just before we departed, I told SL and 288 to expect the usual stop at the bottom, but the whole way from the lit intersection at the bottom of Geiger to the chain up area, all the cars had turned off.  The only soul left was a HD rider, so we proceeded up behind him.  By the time our group of four reached the lookout, there wasn't a car within sight going all the way up the mountain.  It was a wild experience.  On the way back, we had stopped to wait for a clearing, but there always seemed to be some traffic heading down.  Finally, we just decided to go, except it was a false start.  TB5 headed out first with cars directly in his path, but then I thought I'd hang back for a bit to see if there was a gap to take advantage of.  The other two hung with me.  We made a nice ride back, with the exception of a brief stoppage for horses crossing the roadway. 

If TB5 was at the bottom when we arrived, we couldn't tell.  We never caught up to him.  And since many of us had chores to do tonight, we just proceeded back home, splitting off on the freeway as we found our exits.

It was a splendid little ride, if I do say so myself.  We took in what we could, for as little riding time as there was.  And we were rewarded mightily.  Thanks guys for coming out. 

We have a really good bunch of riders! 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: 288RR on September 10, 2014, 08:00:30 PM
It was a good ride,  I should have worn my leathers tonight.   But going up almost no cars and coming down wasnt bad either
I debated bringing mine too, being that it was so stinking hot tonight.  It wasn't as bad as I thought though.  And once we got rolling the heat wasn't an issue.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

That was an excellent lap. When I pulled out I only had to pass one car and the second pulled off for me. Had a clear run from VC all the way to the bottom of Geiger. Unheard of! The only near hiccup was the cop right after I pulled out. I was hanging off the bike in a turn and he flashed his lights at me. I looked down and was only doing 44mph.. I think that's a 45 zone right? Anyway he didn't stop so I promptly forgot about him and off I went. Was thinking you guys would catch up but when I got to the bottom was getting dark do just continued on home.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

288RR

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 11, 2014, 12:04:35 AM
We have a really good bunch of riders! 

I really enjoy riding with all you guys and gals.  I have learned a lot.

GreenMachine

Not a good night for being outdoors.  Blech!

RichVee4

Its that time again!  We are planning to be at PJs Wed about 6:00 to grab dinner and hang out.  Hope to see some of you down there.
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

I will try to make it down there for a little bit

slmoto

That's funny, GM and I were just talking about it yesterday about when they start back up at PJ's.

I'll see if I can stroll down for a little but I'm not too sure yet.

RichVee4

I'm still hoping we will have some of that traditional Reno weather and tomorrow will be back to sunny and warm!

GreenMachine

If not, don't expect RG to show.

rg500nut

RG is coming, with wifey...........
2 strokes always...............

slmoto

Looks like I'm home in time to make it, see you guys there.

RichVee4

Looking like a nice evening for a ride.  See everyone down there.

GreenMachine

Don't wait up for me.  I'll get there as soon as I can.  Not even home yet.