Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Bike Night at PJ & Co

Started by GreenMachine, May 28, 2014, 11:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I won't be able to make it to PJ's on Wednesday evening.  I have another BBQ to attend in the afternoon.

Be careful where you park and be sure to use a side stand coaster to prevent your bike from tipping over.  Nothing worse than having your pride and joy damaged unnecessarily.  If you don't have a block of wood or something solid to put under the stand, PJ has some plastic ones for the asking.  He's a great guy and genuinely wants your experience there to be a good one.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Damn GM, between goat roads and PJ's, you are having the worst luck with plastics!

Mel

GreenMachine

Perhaps.  I was really depressed after the PJs deal and it took me several days to put it into perspective.  It's just one of those things that happen and there's nothing that can be done about it.  It wasn't done intentionally and after she's all fixed back to her original condition, nobody will be able to tell the difference.  And even if she's not, it's just a machine; metal and plastic. 

The drama being self-inflicted about it pales by comparison to people's lives who are experiencing real problems in this world.

With the older bike's fairing crack, that's happened before.  They're aftermarket ABS.  I had the under cowling snap one side off already from a burst of water hitting it, while riding in the rain.  It's been reinforced from the inside, so you can't tell unless you look to see why there's an additional screw in that area.

288RR

Who is thinking about head down tomorrow?

GreenMachine

If I don't forget, I could go. 

I wonder if we should try to sneak in a quick VC run before dark too.  Interested?

slmoto

I'd be interested in going, even more so if the VC run happens!

288RR

I think I would be game for a vc run

RichVee4

I'm a maybe.  Have a 7 commute to Battle Mtn today.  Leave details as to when and where you are meeting for VC run and if I can make it will join.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Dusk is 7:15 tonight and I'd prefer not to ride too much after that.  Which means, that if we're going to do a short ride to the Highlands and back, we'll need to get going by 6:30 PM from PJs.  That should give us enough daylight to be off of the hill before dark.

I still have to get a tire on the bike.  This week has been my hell week for work and I haven't had time to get that done.  It's going to be a marathon.

GreenMachine

I'll have a new tire on by tonight.  Work may be a problem though.  People keep adding more and more work to my plate.  :rant

288RR

screw work.  lol  you should have started earlier. 

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 10, 2014, 09:45:50 AM
I'll have a new tire on by tonight.  Work may be a problem though.  People keep adding more and more work to my plate.  :rant

Yeah, I shouldn't be going because I have way too much work to get done too but I have to squeeze some fun in. I'll be going back into work after the ride for a few more hours.

GreenMachine

I think as motorcyclists we think like we're at the smorgasbord.  Start with the dessert isle first, then once finished, move on to the vegetables and grains.  :evil1

RichVee4

After a nice home made top shelf margarita the ride was out of the question!  Hope you guys had fun.
Live long and prosper \V/