Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Bike Night at PJ & Co

Started by GreenMachine, May 28, 2014, 11:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

If I'm able to make it down tonight, it'll be after 6:30.

Anybody going?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Sounds like Vr and I will be there Wednesday.  He'll be on the red Ducati Multistrada and I'll be on my usual bike.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Heading over.  S/b there by 5:30 if anybody is interested.  I'll have used sliders for those interested.  I'll pack 2 sets.

RichVee4

If the weather cooperates and T-Storms are not a threat will go down tonight 6ish.
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Yea, N Tahoe and Truckee have had numerous severe storms last few weeks. 

Weather activity is increasing around Reno as well so will wait for a better night to go. 
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Quote from: dub on September 13, 2017, 04:05:38 PM
Yea, N Tahoe and Truckee have had numerous severe storms last few weeks. 

Weather activity is increasing around Reno as well so will wait for a better night to go.

Not sure how I changed your msg, was trying to quote.

Anyway, cancelling tonight

GreenMachine

I kind of figured the weather would play into last night's get together.   By about 4:30 I was south of the airport and it was rolling in again.  Cool to watch, but does put a damper on any thoughts of trying to ride with storm cells all around.

GreenMachine

It should be a good night for seeing if there are any newbs in the area this year.

Should be down there after 5:00 PM tonight.

RedLeader

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 25, 2018, 03:31:31 PM
It should be a good night for seeing if there are any newbs in the area this year.

Should be down there after 5:00 PM tonight.

You going fishing for squids?
:squidly
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

RichVee4

I had forgotten all about it until the Mrs mentioned it earlier.  Perfect evening, just a long day so catching up with a glass of whiskey at home. 

GreenMachine

Quote from: RedLeader on April 25, 2018, 04:08:19 PMYou going fishing for squids?
:squidly
Not if I have to ride McCarren as something they'd call a curvy road.   :laughing

Decent turn out.  Not overflowing as of yet, but one of the regulars brought down his H2.  What a beautiful bike!  Some new faces and a lot more women riders than I've ever seen in one place.

No sooner had the guy parked his shiny H2 than an old drunk on a scooter about dumped his bike over onto it.  He appeared out of control and almost ran me over in the parking lot just before that.  I thought he was joking.  Easily the most expensive bike in the lot next to the least expensive toy.  Yeah, I think I'll park right here.   :drinking  One rider inserted himself between the two bikes just in case the drunk attempted another fallover.

Rich, it would have been a nice night for it.  It's already getting hot.  Almost too hot to stand around in a blacktop parking lot.

TedG

@GreenMachine,
The H2 was mine. The guy with the scooter was my friends brother who is just a bit strange to say the least, and just got the scooter the day before.
As for the H2, all I can say is damn! The thing is hairy. Every detail is sorted out on this thing.
2009 Concours 14 (ABS)
2005 Green ZX10 (the fast color) for sale
2018 Kawasaki H2

GreenMachine

:D  We may have met somewhere before or it's that you are, like me, one of the PJ bike night regulars.   I'll introduce myself next time.  I'm also acquainted with Kay/Kai (sp?).  He's friends with several of the other SSA legends and have seen him here and there too.  He's another legend as I think you have been referred to by some on here too.

Hope to see the H2 more this season.  What a great addition to bike night! 

See you sometime out there again.  Maybe Wednesday evening.  I'm probably going to head down there.  The weather's looking nice for it.

TedG

Actually I was one of the original SSA members. Zorin and I would take off and do our own thing for most of the rides.
I used to work with Kay, we have been friends for 30 years, and have been riding together since way back then. Actually Kay stopped the scooter from falling on my bike.   Dragon, and I go way back as well, we knew each other from roller skating. That is one personable guy.
I need to change my riding a bit and start going with other people. 
That being said, I am having to relearn how to ride. The power on that thing goes exponential and it takes time to get used to it.  Never have I felt anything like that. The magazines can't describe it, hard to put into words.
2009 Concours 14 (ABS)
2005 Green ZX10 (the fast color) for sale
2018 Kawasaki H2

GreenMachine

It'll be close to 6:00 before I can get down there, if anybody was looking for company.  I'm going to choke down some dinner real quick, then head over.  Probably hang for another hour or so.