Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Bike Night at PJ & Co

Started by GreenMachine, May 28, 2014, 11:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

Good to stop by for a bit, wish I could have stayed longer, next week if the weather holds up...

What time did you guys end up leaving? I thought I saw Monica's bike still there on my way home a little before 9pm, I almost stopped again but I didn't see Rich's bike behind it so I thought maybe it was someone else's Triple.

GreenMachine

If you had, you would have bumped into Dragon, who must have arrived as we were leaving.  We missed each other when we departed just after dark; ~8:15.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I gotta try to make it some time. Never even been to PJs.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Weather is great today, anyone heading over to PJ's this afternoon/evening?

GreenMachine

I'm planning on it.  I'll say 6:30, but I should be down there by 6:00.  Don't see anything preventing it.

I may have jinxed myself by utter that. :ohno
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Cool, I'll be heading over 6ish

RichVee4

Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Good times guys, gotta work on our burnouts before next week though...  :o

GreenMachine

I did one better, I was instigated into drag racing a Mustang over the Wells Avenue bridge. This thing was bombed out; blown out rear window, young kid driver with what looked like his kid brother in the passenger seat, loud headers and stinky. What fun!

Not really.  I was being instigated by that Mustang, but I ignored him.  We hit the stoplight on the other side and I motioned to roll in front of him to join Rich and Monica at the light.  He waved me through, but forgot to hold the brake, so I had to stutter roll in.  Then the whole time he was revving his motor like he was readying for a drag race, with the three of us feet from his bumper.  Thankfully when the light changed, he didn't gun it and kill us all in the process.

That whole element is what turns me off about owning a sportbike.  I'd just as soon take up fly fishing.

RichVee4

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 20, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

That whole element is what turns me off about owning a sportbike.  I'd just as soon take up fly fishing.

You seemed to be enjoying your sportbike once we got to the on ramp!

The HD show tonight was very impressive, if I was like 12 yrs old.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

It was an experiment to see how my old tired carburetted bike stacked up against a new fuel injected bike with quick shift.

The new bike was impressive for a 675cc.  No doubt.  So too for the 919.  8)

GreenMachine

Depending on when the rain rolls into town, I'm thinking strongly of going on Wednesday.  I might have to head out early though, depending on other obligations.  But I thought I'd post that at least.

slmoto

I've got to cut out by 6:45 but if you and anyone else go early I'll stop by for a bit.

GreenMachine

That'll probably be my schedule too, so works perfect for me.

slmoto

Cool, I'm good anytime after 5pm. Let me know when you're heading over and I'll see you there.