Main Menu

Basic machining services...

Started by ww919, March 16, 2013, 02:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ww919

Trying to practice what I preach here (generally posting on BARF or elsewhere). I can offer basic machine shop services for those of you looking for lathe/mill work. No intent to spam - just to help fellow riders neck down steering stems, make spacers for their builds, etc.

Shop is usually a mess...and I'm always behind. Plan accordingly.

WW

GreenMachine

U should also add a post under SSA Members' Businesses.  Does your shop have a name and address?  Feel free to add that too.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

ww919

Thanks for that. Not so much trying to promote my business (wwresto) as offering to help locals finish their projects. I've seen too many go astray on various forums over the years often due to the need for a simple part.

WW

GreenMachine

I can appreciate that, as I've had to fabricate stuff myself.   :D

Your Web sites must be new.  There's very little in the way of contact information on them so far.  I think people will be suspicious of something they can't put a face on.  These days, who can afford to have potential clients turned away by something so simple as an address and phone number?  Right?

Just trying to help you out.  :angel
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

ww919

Quote from: GreenMachine on March 17, 2013, 08:16:06 AM
I can appreciate that, as I've had to fabricate stuff myself.   :D

Your Web sites must be new.  There's very little in the way of contact information on them so far.  I think people will be suspicious of something they can't put a face on.  These days, who can afford to have potential clients turned away by something so simple as an address and phone number?  Right?

Just trying to help you out.  :angel

Roger that - and yes, it is just something I'm playing with (the website that is). Not officially a business at this stage - more a hobbyist that makes stuff. My wife is a graphic designer and does web work as well, but we're not always compatible working on projects together, if you catch my drift. The page is something that I likely shouldn't have published - and just left the old placeholder as was until I had more time. Given the level of project bikes in the shop at the moment, likely won't get back on that soon...sigh.

This is who I was for 22 years prior to getting back into bikes: www.registeredink.com - closed it in 2011. One of my staff spun up a new (similar but not the same) business and is using some of the old stuff - waiting for his web designer to someday update the site.

Then I dabbled in tyga-performance as tygausa for a touch (you will notice the tygausa website is not currently active as that transitions to a new owner over the next 30-60 days or so).

Now the WWresto gig is my own cyberspace spot to plant some of the craziness that goes on down on East 4th street. I'll just say really near to Abby's Hwy 40 for now (if you've ever been there, then you probably parked in my lot).

Anyway - back to the original point of this post. I'm not soliciting business - I'm encouraging other riders/builders to reach out and find help locally. I recently had the opportunity to pickup a sweet CBR front end that would go great on a Hawk from a BARF member. We got to talking and I figured out the only reason he was selling it was because he couldn't sort a way to fit it on his custom build. I asked if he had talked to a machinist, or knew anyone with a lathe. He hadn't even considered it. Turns out a simple mod to the neck of the steering stem and all bolted up sweet.

I like to think motorcyclists are generally more of a community that likes to help each other.

I'm sure you'll agree.

WW aka wildwhl aka Bill, Reno, Nevada 89512 (775) 235-8nine4two

(that work for ya?)