Main Menu

Looking for info on boring out cylinders on a 929.

Started by andrew, June 28, 2008, 02:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew

I've been considering the idea of boring out the cylinders on my 929 track bike. I'm guessing they could be bored out to 954 specks without a problem, since the 954 is supposed to be the same motor as the 929. Or, maybe I could go a little bigger. I'd like to find out what kind of options I realistically have here.

Would any of you guys and gals know where I might find out more info on this?

Thanks,
Andrew

jlavallee

This minor increase in capacity will be hardly worth the effort unless you're boring the cylinders and replacing pistons anyway. If you really want more power then sell the Honda and move up to a ZX10 or GSXR 1000.

I have rode two friends 929 & 954 back to back and there is nothing in the power that I could feel seat of the pants wise.

On a track bike can you really use more power? Gearing should get you to the point on a literbike where you're hardly ever able to put it on the stop anyway. Money on suspension & training would bring a much better return on investment.

andrew

I was kind'a hoping to be able to bore the cylinders out more than that. If possible, approaching 1000cc. But, I don't know enough about it to determine if boring it out more than a 954 would yield reliable power.

I've been drooling over a newer bike for a while, but even if I could afford something else right now, I'm really just interested in the challenge of maximizing the potential in what I've already got.

Anyway, If the increase would be negligible, I don't think I'd waste money on it.

Thanks for your reply.
Andrew

apmech74

Try giving Erion Racing a call  last I heard they will biuld an FX motor for a nominal fee  in fact i think they sill have a few that were Zemky's  only prob with that is no starter   but give them a try