Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

New member finally!!

Started by RenoRC51, November 29, 2012, 03:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRC51

After 17 years of being away from motorcycles (Marriage, kids in that order yes) I have finally come back. Purchased a 2000 Honda RC51 about a month ago. Been looking for one for about 2 years now in good shape and at a good price. One just happened to show up at my buddies dealership as a trade in and I could not pass it up. Been riding it not stop for the past month. As long as there is not snow or rain I am riding. Geiger and Mt Rose are two of my favorite runs as I am sure is the same for most of you. I don't know alot of riders in the Reno area but would like to hook up sometime for some group rides. I used to race back in the early 90's just out of college (guess I just aged myself there) for Suzuki. Mostly in CA. Laguna Seca and Sears Point (now Infineon but will always be Sears Point in my book) were pretty much the home tracks so looking forward to getting some track days down there next summer along with Fernely of course.

GreenMachine

Welcome!  We're always open to riders new to the area.  Nice find on the bike too.  I like how you waited until you got the bike that you wanted, instead of the first one that came along.  You must like it.  You're riding the tar out of it.   :D

As you might expect, most of us don't ride much on the street during the Winter and thus have little reason to post up.  A good portion of SSA members transition to dirt riding.  On occasion there will be a post in the DIRT • Trail - Motocross - Adventure section.   As long as it's on two wheels, it's good for a conversation starter.  That's not exactly true.  Feel free to post up whatever the topic.

Again welcome to the SSA!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

welcome!

What association did you race for? Lots of AFM guys here in Reno (your age too!)

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dub

Welcome.  I hope to ride with you in 150 days.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

288RR