Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Nevada newbie

Started by drewly, June 27, 2008, 07:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewly

Just wanted to say hi all.and thanks to Jerome for the invite here. I am new to Nevada from norcal, and am living up at Incline Village.  Anyone on here from this area around the lake? Hope to make it to bike night one of these days, and now that I have insurance again, I look forward to some trackdays on the GSXR.

thanks,
Drew

Justin

Hey what's up!  I'm in truckee.  There are a few people up here who ride on the road.  I'm currently contemplating (and very close) to shifting keeping the rocket ship on the track, only.  I don't know.
Anyway, glad to meet you.  I won't be at bike night this tuesday, but when I get back from the East Coast none of these people will be able to get rid of me.
I'm Justin(o)

trent

Whats happenin?? Im down in Gardnerville not too far from you. Im new to the group as well but not to nevada. Hope to see you around.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Justino on June 28, 2008, 04:34:35 PM
but when I get back from the East Coast none of these people will be able to get rid of me.
We are not planning to ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

drewly

Quote from: Justino on June 28, 2008, 04:34:35 PM
Hey what's up!  I'm in truckee.  There are a few people up here who ride on the road.  I'm currently contemplating (and very close) to shifting keeping the rocket ship on the track, only.  I don't know.
Anyway, glad to meet you.  I won't be at bike night this tuesday, but when I get back from the East Coast none of these people will be able to get rid of me.
I'm Justin(o)

I go to Truckee alot it seems.  Just went thru there and out to Sierraville for a little ride yesterday.  Hope to meet up with when you get back.

Johnny

Welcome aboard drewly!  I live in South Lake Tahoe, CA!!!  Although I haven't done too much street riding this summer I do like going through Kingsberry & Monitor when I do ride my street bike (I too have a Gixxer!) in The Tahoe area.  Even though my track bike is a 600RR the track is where GSXR really likes to play.  PM your info and maybe when I have time we could dice it up a little through the mountains.  Hopefully you'll be able to go to the trackday and have even more fun.  Either way, looking forward riding with you. 

BTW, August 3rd is Jerome's swim ride (one of my favorites).  I'll definetly be there for that one!

drewly

Quote from: Johnny on June 30, 2008, 07:19:52 PM
Welcome aboard drewly!  I live in South Lake Tahoe, CA!!!  Although I haven't done too much street riding this summer I do like going through Kingsberry & Monitor when I do ride my street bike (I too have a Gixxer!) in The Tahoe area.  Even though my track bike is a 600RR the track is where GSXR really likes to play.  PM your info and maybe when I have time we could dice it up a little through the mountains.  Hopefully you'll be able to go to the trackday and have even more fun.  Either way, looking forward riding with you. 

BTW, August 3rd is Jerome's swim ride (one of my favorites).  I'll definetly be there for that one!
Thats cool, I've been looking forward to checking out the South Lake area.  Its all new to me.

drewly

Quote from: trent on June 28, 2008, 05:34:18 PM
Whats happenin?? Im down in Gardnerville not too far from you. Im new to the group as well but not to nevada. Hope to see you around.
Cool, thanks.  Have you been to bike night yet?

weavefish

you gonna be there tomorrow?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

trent

Yeah been to bike night once. Gonna try my best to be there tomorrow night too.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !