Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

New club rider

Started by BMWSportRider, October 01, 2012, 04:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMWSportRider

Hi, everyone. My name is John and I am new to this club, but not to Reno. I have been living here for almost 10 years and started motorcycle riding (street) in 2008. Since then I have owned three different BMW motorcycles; I current have two and I am considering another one.

I have been learning over my riding time that I prefer sportier riding than touring. But I do things like riding two-up on my R1200RT and motorcycle camping.

I took my other BMW, K1300S, on the Downieville ride yesterday. I definitely need a throttle lock control for the next long ride! I certainly missed the cruise control that my R1200RT has.

The third motorcycle I have considering in the 2012 S1000RR. I think that would be great fun on the twisties and track.

I hope to meet more riders soon. I have been mostly riding by myself and with my passenger occassionaly. I would like to have more group rides with people that enjoy motorcycling and aren't inherently insane! :)
Motorcycles in my stable:
2008 BMW R1200RT (Sport Touring)
2011 BMW K1300S (Sportier Riding and Touring)

2005 Ellsworth Truth (OK, that's my mountain bike!)

dub

Welcome to the club.

Quote from: BMWSportRider on October 01, 2012, 04:57:02 PM...I have been learning over my riding time that I prefer sportier riding than touring...

Those things don't have to be mutually exclusive.  It's called sport touring and it's what your R1200RT was made for! ;)
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Hey John,

I see you joined SSA today. I just joined as well.  Enjoyed meeting you and riding together Sunday.  Its nice to network with fellow riders with similar interests and riding styles (not to insane).

You really got me thinking about an overnight camping ride.   Will have to get some ideas from you and maybe plan a trip next year.   

Rich

Live long and prosper \V/

BMWSportRider

Hi, Rich:

I would be happy to work on a next year trip. A great place to go is the Sequoia and Kings Canyon Parks. Last year I visited Sequoia in the heat of summer. It was a wonderful 70 degrees in the warmth of the day up in the Redwood trees!

Lots of great hikes too!

John
Motorcycles in my stable:
2008 BMW R1200RT (Sport Touring)
2011 BMW K1300S (Sportier Riding and Touring)

2005 Ellsworth Truth (OK, that's my mountain bike!)